Man Group has a new opening for a Regulatory Operations & Change Specialist - MiFID II.
A delivery-focussed role requiring strong operational and regulatory knowledge. The individual will need to solve complex problems resulting in controlled and efficient processes around regulatory reporting. The role requires dealing with multiple stakeholders from senior executives to day-to-day process owners. The organisation is both complex and fast moving and, as a result, we are looking for individuals with diligent and hardworking ethos, strong multi-tasking abilities and essentially, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Complete day-to-day regulatory operations function, managing and clearing exception queues on various vendor portals, internal rec platforms and review any QA controls issues
- Working with various internal teams such as technology, compliance in identifying & agreeing a solution for known issues and subsequent remediation thereof
- Ensure existing processes have the correct controls and that they are executed correctly
- Own & respond to client and internal queries around regulatory reporting
- Build up extensive knowledge of various regulations
- Support the team lead in the analysis and implementation of regulatory change including recommendations of improvements to the processes being managed as well as supporting the implementation of new regulation
- Build strong relationship with compliance and other internal support teams to implement a productive environment
- Attend industry events in order to gather and then disseminate industry's response to regulatory change
Key Skills & Experience
- Significant industry experience across investment operations and regulatory change
- SME in Mifid II Transaction Reporting obligations with good understanding of the requirements, challenges and daily BAU workflow
- Knowledge of other reporting regulations such as EMIR Reporting, SFTR will be added advantage
- A broad asset class knowledge including an understanding of their lifecycle events
- Experience of Business Intelligence tools to create controlled processes
- Experience of managing large data sets and a technical background is a strong advantage
- A methodical approach to problem solving with meticulous attention to detail
- Capacity to clearly communicate concepts/models to a broad audience
- Good influencing skills, experience in working with virtual teams
- Organised with the ability to manage multiple work threads simultaneously
- Self-motivated with ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Post graduate qualifications are preferred but not mandatory
Work-Life Balance and Benefits at Man
Man Group is proud to provide the best working environment possible for all of its employees, and we are committed to equality of opportunity. At Man Group we believe that a diverse workforce is a critical factor in the success of our business, and this is embedded in our culture and values. We run a number of external and internal initiatives, partnerships and programmes that help us to attract and develop talent from diverse backgrounds and encourage diversity and inclusion across our firm and industry. https://www.man.com/diversity. Man Group is also a Signatory of the Women in Finance Charter.
Man Group supports many charities, and global initiatives. We support professional training and development, and requests for flexible or part-time working. Employees are also offered two 'Mankind' days of paid leave per year as part of the Man Charitable Trust's community volunteering programme.
We offer comprehensive, firm-wide employee benefits including competitive holiday entitlements, pension/401k, life and long-term disability coverage, group sick pay, enhanced parental leave and long-service leave. Additional benefits are tailored to local markets and may include private medical coverage, discounted gym membership and wellbeing programmes.