Regulatory Reporting Accountant
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Jan 19
A SME banking client of ours is looking for a Regulatory Reporting Officer to work in their London office. Overall purpose of the role is to prepare all prudential regulatory and certain internal reports in line with relevant regulations and internal policies/guidelines and to ensure that they are submitted in a timely manner.
Key responsibilities and Accountabilities include:
- Contribute to the preparation of the ICAAP, ILAAP, Annual report and Pillar 3 disclosures.
- Provide information and guidance on a regulation relating to capital adequacy, liquidity and other prudential regulatory requirements.
- Prepare/update/maintain where appropriate, procedures relating to the regulatory returns.
- Check journal entries prepared by the Financial Accountants or other departmental staff.
- Perform nostro and sundry/suspense account reconciliations.
- Take leadership in the automation of regulatory returns.
- Also act as a backup for the Financial Accountant or other department staff where relevant.
- Perform additional functions and duties, within the remit of the FC function, as advised by the financial controller.
Key stakeholders internally include: FC department, FD, Risk and other departments of the bank.
Key stakeholders externally include: Regulators (PRA, FCA, BOE). Auditors, Regulatory reporting.
To be consider for this role you must be either a Qualified or Part Qualified accountant with relevant experience working in a similar SME banking environment. Having experience of reg reporting in a UK subsidiary of a foreign bank with knowledge in CRD IV will be a distinct advantage.