J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The position is within the Capital Reporting Regulatory department of Finance. The group is a service-orientated business comprised of specialised individuals with knowledge and expertise in understanding, managing and delivering financial information to our regulators. The group is also dedicated to adding value and improving efficiency, quality and controls.
The regulatory finance department is a high profile function, providing financial information to the Prudential Regulation Authority ("PRA"), Financial Conduct Authority ("FCA") and the Bank of England, as well as producing financial information for submission to the German regulator.
The production responsibilities within UK Regulatory Reporting are split into two main areas: Capital Reporting, and Financial Reporting.
- Input into to the production of the quarterly credit risk, CVA, and large exposures reporting requirements including a critical review of the following COREP templates: C.7, C.9, C.25 (within COR001) and C.27-C.31 (within COR002)
- Analysis and challenge on regulatory capital drivers and key variances
- Focus on control environment and monitoring / driving process efficiency - including continual challenge of operating model
- Support for the production of credit risk elements within daily monitoring process for both capital solvency and large exposure inputs
- Involvement in projects and policy matters that impact the legal entity and the financial reporting function.
- Provide ad hoc MIS reporting and analytics when required by management.
- Developing network and acting as a contact within the Reg team for other areas of Finance and the Business
- Familiarity with current regulatory rules (CRD4) and reporting requirements (COREP)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office - Excel, Access, Outlook, Word and Powerpoint
- Qualification by experience within Financial Services industry
- Good understanding of investment banking products including derivatives / financing transactions
- Knowledge of banking products (deposits, loans, credit facilities)