The Client, a group of financial services institutions specialising in retail derivative trading, is looking for an Analyst to join the Reg team.
The Client, a group of financial institutions specialising in retail derivative trading, is looking to hire a Analyst to join the Regulatory Reporting team. This is a junior position for a candidate with 1 - 3 years experience and provides an amazing opportunity to work closely with and learn from a manager with extensive regulatory experience in the Regtech market. The role
This role will come in two main parts, delivery and operations.
You will work as part of a small team with the Group Head of Regulation to identify, outline and implement the regulatory reporting procedures across 5 different institutions. This will involve working with the business heads within each of the institutions, across various global locations, to understand their business, the regulations they must comply with and then deliver the necessary controls.
Once delivered, you will be responsible for running the operational process. This will include:
- Ensuring data is managed and stored correctly and sent to the regulator in a timely manner.
- Reconciling breaks in regulatory reports
- Working with clients and business heads to explain regulatory processes and ensure they are up to date with latest changes.
- Working with 3rd party vendors including RegTech's and Trade Repositories. The candidate
- 1 - 3 years experience in the financial services in one of the following areas: Business Analysis, Data Analysis, Regulatory Reporting, Professional Services, Consultancy.
- Strong ability working with and manipulating data. SQL, Python or other analytics tools would be advantageous.
- Comfortable facing off to internal stakeholders and clients.
- A 'can-do' attitude and ability to work independently. You will have constant training but will be given a large amount of autonomy in the role and expected to get on with a task once fully understanding it.
- A basic understanding or interest in Financial Regulations surrounding Derivative trading.
- Ability to travel (post-Coronavirus) to locations across Europe and Asia.