- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 23 Apr 19
Regulatory Strategy and Business Change Division (RSBC) Project Manager for Global Markets Post Trade Change # 124931
The Chief Compliance and Regulatory Affairs organization at Credit Suisse strives to become a proactive, independent function that enables business units across the organization to challenge and effectively manage compliance risk. Our new management team is focused on achieving professional excellence by providing state of the art technology, strengthening surveillance and testing processes and by aligning controls to keep risk within appetite. To fulfill our mandate we need the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. Our dynamic environment also means that you have the flexibility to help us define and establish new processes and procedures, start or expand a business and shape our company for the future. We offer a fast-paced, collaborative and diverse work environment that will support innovation, creativity and entrepreneurial ideas.
The Regulatory Strategy and Business Change (RSBC) division of Credit Suisse (CS) is responsible for assessment, project management and delivery of all regulatory initiatives to ensure CS is compliant with all regulations globally. Within RSBC there is a team of circa 100 change professionals across US, UK and Poland focused on delivery for Global Markets and Investment Banking. This role will act as a Project Consultant within RSBC based in London.
The Project Consultant will be working in the Trade and Transaction Reporting program. This program's remit is to implement infrastructure and/or process changes and controls to ensure the firm can comply with regulatory reporting requirements across all applicable jurisdictions (e.g. MIFID II, FinfraG, SFTR).
The successful candidate will join a highly valued team. They will gain exposure to multiple areas of the bank and will be well positioned to build a complete understanding of the front-to-back operations of a global investment bank. They will work on high profile and strategically important projects to ensure the bank's ongoing compliance with regulations as they evolve and will be in a position to develop a broad network of contacts across the bank.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills, capabilities & experience from their prior roles.
- Developing and agreeing detailed project plans with realistic timeframes and resourcing to ensure delivery to agreed time and budget.
- Organizing resources and/or teams in multiple locations by effectively motivating and prioritizing work.
- Managing risks, assumptions, issues & dependencies and effect appropriate escalation to clear blockages and drive progress.
- Managing project deliverable timelines and early identification and escalation of deviations.
- Skilled in creating proposals with clear messaging to succinctly summarize a topic and drive decision-making at a senior level.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills; must be capable of producing clear, unambiguous status reports and interacting positively with senior business management, department heads and vendors.
- Evidence of managing varying sized projects, including successful track record of delivery on complex projects and projects in multiple locations.
- Strong business sense and awareness of the key issues and risks in Global Markets.
- Experience of building and maintaining excellent relationships when dealing directly with project stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Able to build strong relationships and build consensus with other functions and business units and to interface and influence senior managers in the organization.
- Ability to plan and organize workload when working to tight deadlines and maintain a clear head when faced with multiple conflicting priorities.
- Ability and willingness to get into the detail where required in order to demonstrate ownership and understanding of project objectives and stakeholder requirements.
- Experience in structuring projects with expertise in analysis, specification gathering, capturing of requirements.
- Efficient change management approach including ability to effect and/or adhere to formal governance.
- Implementing compliant solutions in the post trade workflow to meet regulatory requirements.
- Degree level education or equivalent experience.
- Technical knowledge of business analysis methodologies.
- Investment banking experience.
- Project delivery experience.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Understanding of the full development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of investment banking products, and post trade business processes and front-to-back office chains.
- Experience in working on regulatory projects, including trade reporting.
- Ability to explain complex issues to suit the audience in a clear and concise manner.
- OTC and Listed derivatives product, execution and clearing knowledge desirable.
- Analytical and structured thinking.
- Confident, assertive and effective communicator.
- Team player but independently driven and motivated.
- Delivery focused and deadline driven.
- Strong client and stakeholder management.
- Ability to network, collaborate and influence to gain consensus even when faced with differing views.
- Able to target material and communication to a wide range of audiences at all levels in the organization.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.