J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The Regulatory Support team is a dedicated group of internal and client facing resources that are focused on delivering against large scale change initiatives that span across business units to address Industry, Business and Client requirements across the Markets Operations organization.
A high profile role, the Fixed Income middle office is looking for a contractor to take up a role in the Regulatory Support team, interfacing both internally and externally with clients, to ensure that JP Morgan and its clients are able to understand and meet the ongoing regulatory requirements that arise from Dodd Frank, EMIR and other bodies.
Leading by example and driving others on, you will need to assume a strong regulation and infrastructure knowledge to ensure a first class service to salespeople, clients and other internal stakeholders. The ability to be flexible and work with different teams to solve complex problems and to bring issues to closure will be critical.
Key responsibilities: -
- Devising efficient, standardised processes to track onboarding of clients to regulatory protocols
- Dealing with internal and external queries in relation to regulatory protocols, providing a central point of contact
- Assisting in education around the decision trees for regulatory requirements to trade with various counterparties
- Extensive interaction with Front Office (Sales and Trading), Compliance, Business Management, Legal, Credit Risk, Operations and Technology teams
- Participate in regular internal meetings to review upcoming initiatives and priorities
- Manage client outreach initiatives
Experience required: -
- Previous investment banking experience required
- Experience and strong product knowledge of derivative products
- Previous experience in a regulatory role
- Experience in managing initiatives/ projects
- Client interaction in a previous role
- Understanding of client reference data desirable
- Regulatory reporting experience desirable
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, at all levels
- Have a proactive, focussed approach, looking at continuous ways to improve the control and operational environment.
- Strong PC skills e.g. Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong risk and controls awareness, attention to detail