Senior Regulatory and Financial Controls Accountant, Banking, 6 months, £600-650 per day, London/WFH
Your new company
Your new company is a leading, international investment bank, based in the City of London.
Your new role
Your new role is a Regulatory and Financial Controls Accounting contract role for 6 months initially.
- Preparation of Regulatory and Financial data requests to support external reporting to PRA and HMRC.
- Ensuring that reporting for the above remains in accordance with the relevant external reporting requirements.
- Preparation of the Asset & Liability Committee Pack to support internal reporting.
- Re-engineer legacy manual processes where required, and ensure modifications remain compliant with corporate end user computer tools standards.
- Standardising documentation for local regulatory and financial reporting and maintaining the periodic updates and reviews of those documents.
- Contribution to the planning, testing and implementation of projects and initiatives, which affect the EMEA Controllers and wider finance teams.
- Able to design and recommend the implementation of effective controls.
- Building relationships with second and third line of defence teams, and support their validation of the remediation of the outstanding issues.
- Ensure adherence to the internal Governance and Oversight framework, and compliance with all internal recommendations and guidance.
- Assist as necessary with daily, monthly & quarterly regulatory reporting required by local regulatory bodies in EMEA region, and to support US regulatory returns submitted.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified accountant with a strong background in regulatory and financial accounting and controls in investment banking. You will have strong knowledge of core regulatory and financial reporting responsibilities and outputs for PRA, FCA and BOE (with US reporting advantageous), and good systems skills.