Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
The Position and Expectations
As part of the continued growth of our business in the United Kingdom (UK), we are currently recruiting for a Relationship Analyst to join our Business Development & Relationship Management Group (GRG). This individual will be an integral member of the Global Wealth Management team, and will be based in London.
Relationship Analysts (RAs) provide centralised coordination of various functions to service clients across various entity types. They support the Business Development and Relationship Managers in their teams on strategic client and/or consultant relationships. The core role of the RA is to ensure that client and/or consultant needs are met in a timely and accurate manner.
Success in this role requires the RA to have the ability to be proactive around all client deliverables, and to manage all internal constituents to ensure that deadlines are met. Attention to detail is critical - the ability not only to pull data from the various applications available, but also to analyse the data and understand whether that data makes sense, while consistently producing accurate and timely deliverables. RAs need to have the ability to work independently, in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment, where priorities change frequently and deadlines often need to be met under significant time pressure. Finally, RAs should have a solid knowledge of investments, such that they are able to fully understand, and respond to, client enquiries and requests.
Commanding a thorough knowledge of our business, coupled with the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with Private Bank clients, the RA will work closely with all members of the Global Wealth Management team, as well as many other functional areas of the firm, on a portfolio of assigned accounts in the UK. He/she will conduct analysis of client portfolios, initiate investigations, respond to inquiries on a wide variety of topics, and perform other tasks as appropriate. The RA will coordinate prospect reporting, presentations, account maintenance, and ad hoc requests.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- Preparing standard and/or customised prospect presentation materials, briefing books and collateral materials as well as meeting notes required for external meetings;
- Participating in in-house client meetings and conference calls as appropriate;
- Conducting analysis, initiating investigations and responding to internal and external ad-hoc inquiries on a wide variety of topics, including portfolio and product specific information, investment guidelines, compliance issues, legal contracts and fees;
- Acting as a point of contact for various groups within client organisations;
- Coordinating key client communications;
- Supporting the local GWM Business Development Manager in the organisation of client roadshows;
- Capturing and maintaining client data in relevant internal systems;
- Qualifying and coordinating Requests for Information/Due Diligence Questionnaires (RFIs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs), and working with internal teams to ensure that each one receives the proper response;
- Developing an understanding of the depth and breadth of Wellington Management's investment approaches.
The successful candidate is likely to:
- Have 2-5 years of relevant client service experience, preferably gained within the Investment Management industry. Experience of working with Private Bank clients would be advantageous;
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of capital markets and/or investment products ideally experience in alternative investments;
- Have a strong academic background. Ideally this will include progress towards a professional qualification (e.g CFA or equivalent);
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written English language skills. Additional language skills would be advantageous;
- Be self-motivated, creative and enthusiastic;
- Be a natural collaborator who can work well in a small team;
- Please note that we are only able to respond to successful applicants;
Relationship Analyst JOB FAMILY
Relationship Management LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .