Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
The Position and Expectations
As part of the continued growth of our business, we are currently recruiting for a Relationship Analyst to join our Business Development & Relationship Management Group (the Client Group). This individual will be an integral member of the institutional team supporting the business activities with a broad range of prospects and clients across the institutional UK, Insurance and Consultant Relations markets and will be based in London.
Relationship Analysts (RAs) provide centralised coordination of various functions to service clients across various entity types. They support the Business Development and Relationship Management objectives in their teams working with our existing client and/or consultant relationships and prospects. The core role of the RA is to ensure that client and/or consultant needs are met in a timely and accurate manner and to support our business development efforts.
Success in this role requires the RA to have the ability to be proactive in supporting our business development activities, looking to assess and support our prospect and cross sell opportunities. In addition, RAs also support our existing client relationships. This requires the RA to maintain and update client CRM data, analyse opportunities for our clients and prospective clients, and oversee and coordinate the completion of information requests. RAs will work with internal stakeholders to ensure we meet our clients expectations and to ensure deadlines are met. Attention to detail is critical - the ability not only to pull data from the various applications available, but also to analyse the data and understand whether that data makes sense. RAs need to have the ability to work independently, in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment, where priorities change frequently and deadlines often need to be met under significant time pressure. Finally, RAs should have a solid knowledge of investments, such that they are able to fully understand, and respond to, client enquiries and requests.
Commanding a thorough knowledge of our business, coupled with the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with institutional clients and consultants, the RA will work closely with all members of the team, as well as many other functional areas of the firm, on a portfolio of assigned accounts. He/she will conduct analysis of client portfolios, initiate investigations, respond to inquiries on a wide variety of topics, and perform other tasks as appropriate. The RA will coordinate prospect reporting, presentations, account maintenance, and ad hoc requests.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- Coordination/Preparation of standard and/or customised client and prospect presentation materials, briefing books and collateral materials as well as meeting notes required for external meetings;
- Participating in in-house client, consultant and prospect meetings and conference calls as appropriate;
- Conducting analysis, initiating investigations and responding to internal and external ad-hoc inquiries on a wide variety of topics, including portfolio and product specific information, investment guidelines, market trends, regulation considerations and fees;
- Acting as a point of contact for various groups within client organisations;
- Coordinating key client communications;
- Supporting the local Relationship and Business Development Managers in the organisation of client roadshows and client review meetings;
- Capturing and maintaining client data in relevant internal systems;
- Qualifying and coordinating Requests for Information/Due Diligence Questionnaires (RFIs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs), and working with internal teams to ensure that each one receives the proper response;
- Developing an understanding of the depth and breadth of Wellington Management's investment approaches.
The successful candidate is likely to meet the following:
- Be working within (or close to) the Asset Management Industry, with 1-4 years of working experience in this field. Experience of working with institutional and/or insurance clients and consultants would be advantageous;
- Demonstrate genuine understanding and curiosity towards capital markets and/or investment products;
- Have a strong academic background
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written English language skills.
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be self-motivated, creative and enthusiastic;
- Be a natural collaborator who can work well in a small team.
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Please note that we are only able to respond to successful applicants.
Relationship Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .