Relationship Enablement Support Officer (KYC) II
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Silicon Valley Bank UK
- 07 Dec 17 2017-12-07
The UK Relationship Banking division manages the Bank’s existing client relationships with technology and life science organisations and investment funds in the UK and Europe. The Group is also responsible for structuring debt facilities for new prospect companies and funds and plays an active role in deal origination through its relationships with the Venture Capital, Private Equity and advisory community. The team covers a broad range of transactions and business profiles from growth stage, pre-revenue, venture-backed companies to mid-market, private and publicly listed corporates.
~~The UK Relationship Banking division manages the Bank’s existing client relationships with technology and life science organisations and investment funds in the UK and Europe. The Group is also responsible for structuring debt facilities for new prospect companies and funds and plays an active role in deal origination through its relationships with the Venture Capital, Private Equity and advisory community. The team covers a broad range of transactions and business profiles from growth stage, pre-revenue, venture-backed companies to mid-market, private and publicly listed corporates.
Relationship Enablement is a newly developed function of the UK Branch and part of the UK Relationship Banking business. The function comprises a team of junior to mid-career level staff that support client relationship management and account maintenance activities as well as banking product sales and co-ordination of product implementation (non-credit related). The team also manages client ‘Know Your Customer’ (KYC) information collection and maintenance. The group works very closely with the UK Relationship Banking teams as well as Implementation / Operations / Client Service / Financial Crime teams who implement products and handle day-to-day service enquiries.
The Relationship Enablement Support Officer (KYC) plays a central role in assisting with the management of multiple client portfolios across the UK Relationship Banking organisation with a specific focus on KYC, FATCA, CRS and client due diligence. A significant element of the role will be the completion and documentation of structured KYC reviews (Client Profile Update – CPU) and ensuring that they meet both external regulatory and internal audit and compliance standards.
• Undertake procedures to meet due diligence (DD) and KYC (Know Your Customer) requirements throughout the client relationship lifecycle, whether trigger event driven or as part of a periodic review activity.
• Complete and document structured KYC reviews (Client Profile Update – CPU) and ensures they meet both external regulatory and internal audit and compliance standards.
• Work directly with the Relationship Management and Relationship Enablement teams, as well as Financial Crime, to ensure that all existing client relationships undergo the appropriate levels of client identification and verification, due diligence, sanction screening and documentary approvals, as mandated by SVB’s KYC, DD & AML (Anti Money Laundering) procedures.
• Leverages a variety of independent research sources, such as Companies House, D&B, Delecorp and web searches to perform the required KYC screening, and to corroborate and validate information provided by and obtained on the client, as required by the KYC procedures.
• Supports the daily review of Tenon Tracker alerts to ensure timely action and ongoing compliance. Communicates with relevant teams and coordinates regular follow ups to complete of action items.
• Lead calls with clients to assist them in form completion, and in case of any questions in relation to required KYC information, such as acceptable ID and/or address verification documentation, by providing KYC, FATCA, CRS and DD process expertise.
• Inputs comprehensive and ordered client information in a timely manner into SVB systems, including CRM, Remedy etc.
• Manages completion of complex mandate supersede requirements.
• Manages the periodic FATCA and CRS compliance requirements alongside the branch relationship review programme including all follow up and investigation activity.
• Manages complex cases and oversees and supports less experienced team members in completing less complex cases.
• Acts as an adviser to colleagues in the relationship teams, and actively develops awareness and understanding of KYC, FATCA and CRS requirements across the relationship teams.
• Works with the following teams across the business, both domestically and globally: BSA/AML, Risk & Compliance, Financial Crime, QC, Operations, as well as the client relationship teams and Client Service.
• Provide support as required to colleagues across the Enablement function to meet service delivery objectives
• Develop a good understanding of SVB client base, the Ecosystem in which SVB operates and the SVB UK Branch operating model
Skills and Requirements Search • Strong experience of the full account opening life-cycle, including form filling, direct client liaison, gathering information and documentary evidence to satisfy KYC, due diligence and other regulatory requirements, data entry and full application submission, through to the issuance of account details once opened.
• Solid understanding of commercial banking, including standard account and payment types, basic cash management services.
• Experience of using Companies House, and customer relationship management systems.
• Demonstrated experience of due diligence in onboarding financial services and products.
• Strong understanding of banking systems including CRM, Core Banking, research and workflow tools, and a good knowledge of relevant banking regulations and compliance guidelines.
• Able to manage and coordinate complex workflow across multiple teams, communicate effectively across the business and complete assignments accurately and within designated, often pressurized, time frames.
• Hard-working, self-motivated and able to work independently in a team-oriented environment
• Detail oriented and ability to prioritize assignments and workload.
• Excellent communication, including excellent written and verbal skills, and the ability to understand and disseminate complex information, and be able to clearly explain background context and reasoning for decision making.