My client is a large asset manager with assets in excess of £300 billion. They are looking to add 2 relationship managers into newly created roles.
- Manage the operational relationships between the company and their investment managers ensuring that an effective mechanism exists to measure the health and strength of the relationships.
- Manage the tri-party arrangements that are in place between the company and its IMs & Fund Accounting / Custodian service providers.
- Manage contractual arrangements, ensuring that the contracts are run in accordance with the schedules and clauses.
- Providing expert knowledge and detailed understanding of the terms and conditions of the applicable contract, identifying and driving the changes required to deliver the business outcomes.
- Work with IMs to agree and deliver plans to develop the relationships, aligned to key outcomes and business priorities, focusing on both the operational and strategic nature of the relationships and desired business outcomes.
- Proactively identify opportunities to leverage existing contracts recognising how developments in operational practices (e.g. digital) will impact the contract and driving forward the change required to deliver the business outcomes.
- Collation and tracking of all queries and issues (including commercial) owning and progressing through to resolution.
- Negotiate contractual changes within agreed limits.
- Review all Change Requests to ensure that that they are approved in line with the contractual terms and logged appropriately on SmartCore
- Measure and monitor IM achievement against both the hard and soft obligations as defined the relevant contractual agreements.
- Reviewing performance against obligations with IMs, identifying areas of underperformance/concern and agreeing/monitoring progress against clearly defined action plans.
- Track and support the management of financial expenditure against the contracts, the AOP and agreed change / project budgets.
- Proactively seek opportunities that may result in cost and/or efficiency savings
- Engage with key stakeholders / obligation holders across the business to understand business requirements and capture/track/resolve any queries or issues, develop and monitor oversight against the requirements of the Supplier Management Model (SMM)
- Capture and track stakeholder satisfaction with IM service provision, agreeing appropriate actions as required.
- Provide operational oversight of incident management, ensuring that IM’s rectify any business incidents in line with any contractual requirements and the expectations of the company.
- Collate and analyse, report and present appropriate management information as required to the manage the relationships for which the RM has responsibility.
- Monitor the process for managing changes to the contract including those arising from changes to legislation and regulation.
- Track all change requests, ensuring appropriate approval and ensure that the contract remains up to date with changes through rebaselining exercises. ·
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Strong Leadership and decision making skills
- Proven ability to proactively influence and persuade across functions and multi businesses to drive the right business outcomes
- Detailed knowledge of IM functions and capability in order to develop strong relationship management across all levels of the businesses.
- Detailed knowledge of the ASP functions and capabilities (Fund accounting, custody, collateral management etc) in order to develop strong relationship management across all levels of the business.
- Demonstrable contract and third party management skills, combined with strong knowledge and experience of service level and performance management.
- Strong commercial acumen with demonstrable negotiation skills and experience.
- Financial management and analysis skills.