Relationship Manager Investments
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Northern Trust Asset Management is a multi-asset class investment manager offering a broad range of investment solutions. The primary focus of this role is to be responsible for managing client relationships for institutional investment clients in UK & Ireland. The successful candidate will utilise knowledge of investment products and services to provide our clients with information and suggestions to add value to the relationship.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Manages client relationships for institutional investment clients.
• Ensures overall client satisfaction by facilitating efforts of service team, coordinating resources to ensure timely delivery and issue-resolution, and effectively communicating client concerns/needs to partners.
• Develops complete understanding of client's business, objectives, goals and market challenges, and ensures bank relationship plan is consistent.
• Cultivates strong working relationships with client contacts. Demonstrates ability to add value by anticipating possible solutions and partnering with client to implement.
• Educates client on emerging issues, bank products and services, regulatory/tax changes, and the general institutional investment environment, advising the client of the impact on the client's business and on our own services.
• Cross-sells bank products/services and participates in development of solutions to client needs, coordinates presentations, brings in experts when appropriate, closes the sale, ensures smooth delivery of new services, and communicates emerging needs.
• Manages client profitability, understands competitive environment, develops pricing strategies, and works with team to enhance profitability.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• 5-7 years of experience in a client servicing capacity in a financial environment.
• Knowledge of areas of investment management such as active and passive fixed income, equities, cash and ESG, as well as other Northern products and services, usually acquired through related work experience, is required to respond to client needs.
• Knowledge of general finance and portfolio management concepts usually acquired through formal education or experience is needed to consult on client needs.
• Skills in negotiation, delegating, leadership and sales are necessary to service the client relationship.
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of March 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $10.8 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
• $1.2 trillion in assets under management
• $130 billion in banking assets