Research - European Interest Rate Strategy - Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
See job description for details
Investment Research – European Interest Rate Strategy - Analyst
Morgan Stanley Investment Research is one of the financial industry's dominant thought leaders in equity and fixed-income investing. Our analysts, economists, and strategists have earned this reputation through timely, in-depth analysis of companies, industries, markets, and the world’s economies. Our teams collaborate to assist Morgan Stanley clients with investment decisions, using cash and derivative instruments across major asset classes and geographies.
The European Interest Rate Strategy team is seeking an analyst to join the team in London to focus on European interest rate market, including cash, swap and futures markets. This is an exciting opportunity to develop skills related to fixed income and market analysis. The analyst will be able to take part in all aspects of the research production – from idea generation, data analysis and then report writing. The role will also involve maintenance and development of the various analytical tools and models produced by the team for clients.
- An undergraduate or masters degree in quantitative/finance/economic related subjects.
- Strong interest in the financial markets with excellent quantitative and analytical skills, and experience with Excel or other statistical package.
- Relevant work experience in the fixed income or interest rate market is preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team player and interact effectively with other research teams across the firm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intellectual curiosity, focus and creativity, and have a keen research instinct with creative problem-solving abilities.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-JD2