Cerulli Associates (CA) is a global research and consulting firm specializing in product and distribution analysis for the global asset management industry. Since 1992, we have blended primary research and data analysis to bring perspective to current market conditions and forecasts for future developments. With a suite of research publications, an interactive data platform, and custom research and consulting offerings, we provide financial services firms with unparalleled guidance in strategic positioning and new business development.
Headquartered in Boston, Cerulli has regional offices in London and Singapore. Our clients include virtually all of the top 50 global asset management firms, as well as industry service providers, management consulting companies, banks, broker/dealers, insurance companies, investment consulting firms, and private equity firms.
This position is based in the London Office in the Institutional practice and reports to the Associate Director, Institutional. Areas of greatest focus include researching opportunities and challenges facing institutional asset managers, investment consultants, and European Institutional investors (e.g., defined benefit plans, endowments, insurers, etc.). We are seeking a candidate with experience related specifically to asset and wealth management firms and exposure to market intelligence, product development and distribution analysis.
This role has extensive analysis and writing responsibilities. Successful candidates are analytical and quantitatively-oriented, exhibit strong writing skills, work autonomously, are adaptable and comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously, and seek to build deep industry expertise. They are also hardworking, persistent, and enthusiastic individuals with a passion for the financial services industry, and research and analysis.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collect, compile and analyse large amount of qualitative and quantitative datasets working with Morningstar Direct, Broadridge, as well as other third-party databases (e.g. national and international industry associations, data providers and industry trade bodies).
- Author research report content related to emerging industry trends
- Support lead research analyst by scheduling research calls and meetings with senior executives and writing detailed notes from the calls.
- Collaborate with other analysts in the asset management practice on monthly and quarterly publications. Duties include data-gathering, analysis, chart creation and assembly, and writing commentary.
- Participate in research efforts by identifying key topics of interest and providing ideas and input throughout the report cycle.
- Build quantitative surveys including survey design and analyze gathered date
- Conduct ongoing qualitative research related to report themes
- Manage report projects and deadlines
- Assist account managers with client inquiries related to the practice’s research content
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in asset management industry (research, market intelligence functions preferred)
- Understanding of the institutional asset management industry and institutional investors is preferred
- Exposure to different types of institutional investors (pension funds, insurers) and other market constituents, including investment consultants
- Knowledge of most recent regulations and its impact to asset management industry
- Aptitude for synthesizing research, identifying trends, and providing commentary on relevant industry issues
- Strong attention to detail and emphasis on accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding project and time management skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Excel; able to manipulate and analyze sizeable amounts of data.
- Ability to cultivate a network of industry contacts for research purposes.
- Preference is for a candidate with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or economics
- Must be eligible to work in the UK