The candidate will play a critical role in supporting the process of sourcing, vetting and securing prospective sub-advisors (managers) for the firms platform with a focus on Europe.
This individual must be personable, proactive, professional, well organized, flexible and enjoy the challenges of working with a team of hedge fund professionals in a fast-paced, growth orientated environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support Head of London office in the process of identifying, evaluating and onboarding portfolio managers and hedge funds for independent separately managed account (SMA) platform.
- Manage the European sub-advisor pipeline from initial introduction to trading go-live. This would include coordination of meetings and calls, maintaining a database of strategies and contacts, as well as collaborating with internal teams and external vendors during the onboarding process.
- Proposing and writing investment term sheets and coordinating with risk team to develop and refine investment guidelines.
- Depending on experience level, the role will include liaising with prime brokers, industry service providers, and other sources to identify and vet potential portfolio managers and strategies.
- Depending on experience level the candidate will represent the firm by participating in industry conferences and events, with a medium-term view to effectively communicate the firm’s strategy, value proposition, structure and mechanics to potential portfolio managers and counterparties.
- 3-5 years of experience with hedge funds via a role in capital introductions, prime brokerage sales or consulting, hedge fund marketing or investor relations, manager research, sales & trading or directly for a hedge fund, fund of funds, multi-manager platform or allocator. We are open to candidates with investment bank sales & trading experience, assuming exposure to hedge fund clients/strategies.
- In addition to a basic fluency with hedge funds and financial markets, we prefer a candidate that has some experience building relationships with portfolio managers, investment analysts or other industry participants.
- Facility with Excel, and other office applications.
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, strong organizational abilities, and a demonstrated record of intellectual achievement.
- A desire to succeed in an entrepreneurial and fast paced environment.
- CFA, CAIA or other relevant qualifications a plus.
We are a global multi-manager hedge fund adviser with offices in New York, Hong Kong, Shanghai and London with allocations outstanding of more than $7 billion. The firm manages capital for institutional investors in a highly diversified portfolio of investment strategies, asset classes and geographies directed by established hedge funds and individual portfolio managers.