Research Analyst - Global Real Estate - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Aviva Investors
- 07 Feb 18 2018-02-07
12 Month FTC
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Research Analyst to join Aviva Investors' Global Real Estate team.
This is a 12 month FTC role based in our head office in the City of London. You will work closely with the fund managers and influence investment decisions. The role will have a UK focus but the successful candidate will play an integral part in ensuring research outputs enhance Aviva Investors' reputation globally as a professional fund manager and as a leader in real estate analytics.
The Research Team aims to provide insight that enables the business to make better investment decisions. The team is integrally involved in the investment process and plays an important role in strategic allocation decisions. We work closely with investment strategists and economist to build a clear understanding of the macro economic environment in order to establish a top-down view of market prospects.
- Responsibility for European real estate outputs and developing a house view on the attractiveness of specific property sectors.
- Develop insightful market commentaries, communicating research across the business to influence fund and business strategies.
- Support investment decision making through building a view on the occupier market trends of most significance.
- Take a lead role in strategy, analysis and / or research in assigned regions / asset classes and use judgment and experience to make fund management recommendations.
- Providing investment recommendations based on robust qualitative and quantitative assessment.
- Supporting the leadership team to direct analysis, research and / or strategic activity to achieve desired objectives.
- Contributing to our thought leadership agenda to ensure our understanding of key themes is cutting edge and helping to raise our profile externally.
- Build the profile of Aviva Investors Real Estate through presenting at conferences, taking part in industry events and providing media commentary.
- Either a relevant degree (economics, finance, accounting or related discipline) or able to demonstrate a suitable depth of intellectual rigour and maturity.
- An established background in the European property research,
- Relevant experience in capital markets.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills, and be an advanced Excel user.
- Asset management industry experience with evidence of research and/or investment ideas that have contributed to superior, risk-adjusted results.
- Proven judgment in analysis and strategic insight.
- Great practical experience in applying learnt techniques in a financial market environment.
- Great all-round communicator who can deploy the most appropriate tone and method to best suit the recipient. Excellent presentation skills.
- IMC or equivalent; or recognized historical knowledge, experience and/or qualification.
- CFA, CPA or equivalent.
We are proud to be a different kind of asset manager; our intelligent and innovative solutions are based entirely around our clients' needs, not ours.
Aviva Investors is a global asset manager with expertise in real estate, fixed income, equity, multi-asset and alternative investments. We are proud to stand out in our field as our intelligent solutions are based around our clients' objectives, not ours.
Inclusion and diversity
We are a global organisation with thousands of employees and customers from different cultures. We've built our approach to inclusion and diversity on the principles of respect, valuing differences and inclusion.
One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is bought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies. What's important to us is that you are supported to do the best work of your life.
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.