Research Analyst - London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Voya Investment Management
- 01 Aug 18 2018-08-01
Are you a can-do spirit with a passion for investment and interested in a career within the asset management industry? Voya is currently hiring a Research Analyst for the London based senior loan team, which offers a great place to start or develop a career in asset management working for a leading global loan manager.
The Voya Senior Loan Group is based in Scottsdale, AZ and London, UK. The Group manages approximately $25 billion in loan commitments, including U.S and European loan products amongst multiple distribution channels and is recognised as one of the top loan managers globally. Voya Investment Management has allocated significant resources to build out the London office of the Voya Senior Loan Group with a particular focus on European CLO’s. For the London based team, we are currenly hiring a Research Analyst to complement our existing team of 4 investment professionals. The primary initial focus of the role is company analysis, with some of the main responsibities including:
• Financial statement analysis and modeling
• Monitoring, researching, updating and maintaining quarterly tracking reports of company performance
• Loan documentation analysis
• Portfolio Analysis - assist portfolio managers in collecting, compiling, and preparing financial and portfolio data for further analysis; independent analysis of certain compiled information
Additional responsibilities include:
• Gathering market data for the purpose of client related activities
• Involvement in special projects as directed by management
• Occasional administrative support
What do we offer?
There is more than an average degree of creativity and entrepreneurship needed to build success in your area of expertise, using skills from within as well as the outside. Voya challenges employees, but also gives something in return. We offer:
• Working with some of the most talented and experienced people in the loan market in a dynamic, stimulating, open, informal and growth focussed environement
• A highly pro-active approach to your career with a significant training budget (including pursuit of CFA)
• Competitive salary and performance related end of year bonus
Who is our ideal candidate?
You will need to share our conviction that success, personal and organisational, comes from doing well by doing right for our customers, our shareholders and each other. And you will need to show that when you think something is the right thing to do that you have the ambition, vision and conviction to win support for it.
• Master degree or BA at a minimum with relevant business degree (Finance, Accountancy, Economics, Econometrics, Quantitative prefered)
• 1-year relevant experience in the area of company analysis would be advantageous (working knowledge of income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement).
• Consistent performance orientation
• Experience with financial data sources (such as Bloomberg and Factset) and related systems is preferred
• Strong analytical, database and spreadsheet skills
• Ability to perform independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Strong presentational skills
• Strong team player