Your role will be conducting due diligence on primary fund opportunities and supporting secondary investment and co-investment activity within various areas of the real estate private equity industry covering equity and debt strategies.
The platform utilizes a research-oriented approach to due diligence. The Analyst/Associate will work in a team environment to assess real estate fund managers; analyze investment strategies, investment returns and financial statements and conduct reference calls and personal interviews. In addition, s/he will assist in sourcing, due diligencing, and executing co-investment and secondary transactions. This will include modelling projected performance and assessing an opportunity’s risks and merits.
Essential Job Functions:
• Perform market research to identify, quantify & analyze macroeconomic trends across RE sectors
• Interpret financial analyses prepared by target fund managers, including investment track records and financial statement analysis
• Support senior investment staff on sourcing and managing inflow of investment opportunities
• Assess marketing and supporting materials of prospective fund managers to identify key value drivers and areas for further investigation
• Conduct phone interviews with senior executives to gather insights and information regarding the style and effectiveness of target fund managers
• Form an independent opinion about the attractiveness of a sector or investment opportunity
• Construct an argument around an opinion and efficiently communicate it verbally and in written materials; be able to defend the position in a team environment, including IC meetings
• Use creativity to source and analyze data and to test hypotheses regarding attractiveness of specific sectors and investment opportunities
• Analyze and monitor performance of existing fund managers/underlying property assets
• Prepare for/participate in manager meetings, conduct on-going due diligence
Model /sensitivity analysis related to co-investment and secondary investments
• Draft IM &presentations related to fund, co-investment and secondary diligences.
• BA/BS in Business, Finance, Economics or Accounting, or equivalent
• Three years minimum real estate PE, IB, consulting, asset management, equity research or other relevant experience (required)
• Demonstrated track record of academic and professional success
• Demonstrable analytical capabilities, including strong quantitative/modeling skills
• Proficiency in Word, Power Point and Excel
• Investment judgment, understanding of risk/reward trade-offs
Experience in fund of funds/ multi-manager or equity research is highly advantageous.