Research Analyst I
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit
- 12 Nov 18
Research Analyst I
IHS Markit is seeking an analyst to join its team of market analysts covering global telecoms operator strategies. As an Analyst, you will provide data analysis and research support covering fixed voice and broadband, mobile and pay TV strategies across the world, with increasing responsibility for specific coverage areas and/or geographies over time.
This position will focus on researching the fast-moving telecoms operator space, including telecoms and pay TV operators business strategies, operator partnerships, national telecoms and media regulators and equipment vendors.
You will be working with a team of colleagues located across multiple locations in Asia, Europe and North America.
The successful candidate will:
- Support the team in the creation of quantitative market size, market forecasts, and market analysis for operator segments, such as fixed broadband, mobile and other areas.
- Write research notes providing regular written analysis and reports for clients on the telecoms and pay TV markets, including: country trends, operator strategies, technology development, business models, M&A, regulatory impacts and others.
- Interview industry participants to understand their strategies and gain market data.
- Conduct desk research on the operator services, strategies and trends.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of operator strategies, business models and opportunities.
- Work in an international environment and collaborate with other IHS analyst teams, including those specializing in: Media, IoT, and Country Risk.
- Develop relationships with operators, national telecoms and media regulators and equipment vendors.
Required skills & characteristics:
- Strong academic record with a minimum good bachelor's degree.
- Strong quantitative skills - experience with data collection and modelling is desirable.
- Proficiency with MS applications - Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- A keen attention to detail and highly effective organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with co-workers around the world across many time zones.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines on a tight schedule.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Natural curiosity, adaptability, strong motivation and self-drive.
- Languages: Especially Russian
- Interest or experience in the mobile & telecom industry.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.