Research Analyst II
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit
- 15 Dec 18
Research Analyst II
Title: Market Analyst, Manufacturing Technology and Industrial IoT
IHS is a leading provider of research to the manufacturing technology and Industrial IoT industries, and currently looking to recruit a market analyst to support its rapidly growing and successful team. The team is located across various locations in Europe, China, Japan, USA, Malaysia and India.
The successful candidate will be responsible for producing high quality in-depth reports to support the critical business decisions of our customers. The analyst will utilize primary and secondary market research techniques to collect information related to the global industrial automation market. The analyst will be keen to apply strong analytical and communication skills to develop a deep understanding of the industry.
Responsible for driving IHS Markit research in manufacturing technology.
Help deliver business analysis and actionable advice to Industrial automation and software and service suppliers manufacturers.
Specific Job Duties:
- Publish leading research and analysis on the market that is critical to the success of suppliers to the manufacturing and Industrial IoT ecosystem and allied markets.
- Locate and qualify new sources of data and information from primary and secondary sources. Write up research findings in a concise manner.
- Build and regularly interview a global network of key industry contacts. Search for new contacts and establish a business relationship. Quickly respond to client questions and queries.
- Work with our global sales and marketing teams to promote our research, and support client renewals to ensure commercial targets are met.
- Regularly meet with key industry personnel to drive business development and support account managers to grow the business.
- Maintain forecasts of industrial automation and networking. Perform competitive analysis of industrial automation vendors including primary surveys and publication of market share data.
- Help to analyse emerging technology trends and assess the impact they will have on the market opportunities and competitive dynamics of the focus area.
- Write short industry insight pieces based on own analysis or input from other analysts. Present at major industry events on IHS Markit research and findings when appropriate.
- Work with internal company resources to exchange data among related services.
- Produce press and marketing materials to promote IHS products. Examples include research notes, analyst insights and sales brochures.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.