Research Director / Market Researcher / Trend Scouter to closely work with the venture capital investment team of Mouro Capital, a $400m global, fintech-specialist venture capital firm investing in Europe, North America and Latin America.
Who we are
We’re Mouro Capital, a fintech-specialist VC backing ambitious entrepreneurs who are reshaping the future of money and finance.
We were born because we believe fintech has the opportunity to turn financial services upside down but that it needs a different type of investor - one that can bring deep domain knowledge, hands on support and expertise, connections within the industry and a passion for genuinely reimagining the future of the sector.
With $400 million in assets under management and offices in London, San Francisco and Madrid, we invest across the fintech landscape in early-to-growth stage start-ups in Europe, North America and Latin America. We look for bold, brave entrepreneurs in these markets, and we pride ourselves on structuring our investments intelligently and providing domain specialist support post-investment, to help give our startups the best chance of success.
We may be relatively new, but we also have a track record, having previously invested in over 30 companies such as iZettle (acquired by PayPal), Kabbage (acquired by American Express), Truelayer, Uncapped, Curve, Market Finance and Upgrade.
Like what you hear? Come join us!
Your role within the fund
We are looking for a Research Director that will closely work with Mouro’s global investment team, mapping the most exciting trends, verticals and ultimately identifying the most promising investment opportunities in fintech, with a particular focus on Europe, North America and Latin America.
We are a global team, so while you will primarily be based out of London, you will closely work with our San Francisco and Madrid teams.
We believe in thought leadership and domain specialism to support our businesses, so we continually aim to deepen our knowledge and share our findings within the team and on the market. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Conduct primary research (both qualitative and quantitative) and support the investment team on identifying and mapping out relevant innovation trends and new business models within the fintech ecosystem and adjacent areas like mobility, identity or future of work, among others.
- Support the investment team on qualifying and comparing the different investment opportunities in a global competitive context.
- Produce market research papers, landscaping frameworks, and other useful tools and reports that condense your research.
- Build, manage and maintain our IT tool stack across CRM systems, workflow automation tools, databases, etc., leveraging both our private and publicly available data assets.
- Support the team with website updating and publishing as well as with content for our newsletters.
- Supporting our communication and content creation efforts with market insights and data to share with the wider ecosystem.
- Support and coordinate requests from our investors (Limited Partners) related to market research.
- Manage the resources related to the research function -both technological (databases), economic (budget) and human (interns and team stakeholders).
- Other tasks that might arise from time to time - no two days are the same!
- Excellent university credentials in areas relevant to our activity; postgraduate preferred.
- Prior work experience of between 3 and 6 years in consultancy – in-house or advisory – roles with demonstrable track record of producing quality market research, preferably within fintech and/or financial services.
- Knowledge of the venture capital industry and start-up ecosystem (the basic jargon of the industry and basic start-up metrics should not be foreign to you!)
- Ambition, determination and a focus on having an impact.
- A high degree of intellectual curiosity, with the ability to identify market trends and market opportunities.
- Great communication and people skills so you can articulate and communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently and multitask across different projects, assignments and time zones.
- The right to work in the UK
Being part of Mouro brings the opportunity to support some of the most innovative entrepreneurs in finance, whilst working alongside other passionate and experienced fintech investors here at the fund. You’ll thrive if you’re looking for:
- A team that values diversity in all its forms and is proud to promote and embrace it in our everyday job and in our ecosystem.
- An enthusiastic, passionate and impact-oriented environment where each team member is able to contribute and drive ideas without constraint.
- A team of fintech enthusiasts, who are passionate about the sector and want to find and support entrepreneurs who are reshaping the industry and our Limited Partner to innovate.
- A great remuneration and benefits package, because hard work deserves reciprocity.
Apply under: https://apply.workable.com/mouro-capital/j/35C36CFC59/
More on us: www.mourocapital.com