Houlihan Lokey is a global investment bank with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financial restructuring, valuation, and strategic consulting. The firm serves corporations, institutions, and governments worldwide with offices in the United States, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. Independent advice and intellectual rigor are hallmarks of our commitment to client success across our advisory services. Houlihan Lokey is ranked as the No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. transactions, the No. 1 global restructuring advisor, and the No. 1 global M&A fairness opinion advisor over the past 20 years, according to Thomson Reuters.
The Corporate Finance at Houlihan Lokey has extensive expertise in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, activist shareholder and takeover defence, and other related advisory services for a broad range of U.S. and international clients. Our experience in M&A has earned us consistent recognition throughout the industry. In 2017, we were ranked the No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. transactions, and we have been ranked No. 1 for U.S. transactions under $1 billion for the past 10 years, according to Thomson Reuters.
The Research & Development team at Houlihan Lokey analyses markets and companies to drive and inform business development activities for the Corporate Finance segment of Houlihan Lokey. We are seeking to hire a full-time Research & Development Analyst based in London. This is an ideal opportunity for a graduate looking to develop an in-depth understanding of the data & analytics, software, media, business services and financial services sectors.
- Analysing potential client companies and market sectors globally
- Researching and writing sector reports and other relevant content marketing; working with the global marketing team to publish and distribute material
- Performing ad-hoc research work, particularly for pitches and meetings
- Contacting potential clients in writing, by telephone and in person
- Managing databases of companies within Salesforce CRM, for business development and marketing purposes
- Recording business development activity
- Managing the relationship with an outsourced research provider
- Tracking M&A transactions
The successful candidate will be expected to pass relevant industry examinations, and will be encouraged to continue relevant studies during their employment.
The environment at Houlihan Lokey is both collegial and entrepreneurial. Teamwork is essential to the firm’s success. At the same time, creativity and new ideas are encouraged to help us grow our business. Top performers are rewarded with substantial responsibility and interaction with senior-level professionals and clients.
- Experience of marketing or sales, ideally in a business-to-business environment
- The ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Proven ability to research, organise and present complex ideas whilst maintaining an eye for detail
- First-class literacy, numeracy and organisational skills
- A keen commercial sense
- Knowledge of and interest in the latest online information and software trends
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Minimum 2:1 undergraduate qualification
- Experience of using CRM systems
- Broad general knowledge and interest in current affairs
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/DV