Resilience Risk Specialist
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Deutsche Bank
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
As a Resilience Risk Specialist you'll report directly to the Regional Head Business Continuity Management (BCM) of IRRM
Resilience Risk Specialist
As a leading global bank with roots in Germany, we're driving change and innovation in the industry - championing integrity, sustainable performance and innovation with our clients, and redefining our culture and relationships with each other. With operations in over 70 countries, we encourage our people to think for themselves and reward integrity. Our large but focused footprint gives us a strong position in Europe plus a significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We offer clients commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking as well as ground-breaking asset and wealth management products and services. So if you're talented, collaborative and curious about building an exciting career in finance, you're exactly the type of person who might succeed in our organisation.
The Risk division has a fundamental responsibility to protect the Bank. With group-wide responsibility for the management and control of credit, market, operational and reputational risks, we have a unique vantage point which allows us a holistic view of our businesses and our clients. Nearly 4,000 employees work together to achieve our ambition to be an industry-leading risk management organisation.
In an increasingly complex environment, risk management is fast-becoming the most sought after place to build a career within the banking world. Risk at Deutsche Bank is relied upon to help shape the strategy of the organisation and the wider industry agenda.
As a Resilience Risk Specialist you'll report directly to the Regional Head Business Continuity Management (BCM) of IRRM. In this role, the candidate will be required primarily to identify, monitor and where necessary challenge the BCM function's non-financial risk. Additionally to design, implement and monitor the implementation of controls and risk mitigation strategies of business and infrastructure functions. For BCM, non-financial risks include: Disaster, Technology and Infrastructure Failure and other Business Disruption Risks.
- Monitoring business compliance to Global BCM Policy and Standards
- Conducting targeted risk-based reviews of business continuity plans and testing performed by
- Refining UK Business Continuity Plans into a consolidated / aggregated view based upon the detailed functional plans
- Developing risk reporting for UK
- Ensuring appropriate oversight for restructured organisation(s) in UK
- Coordinating London Branch recovery exercise(s) to assess capability and capacity
- Analysing, testing and challenging the accuracy, relevance and completeness of reported information in order to validate the resilience of the business and infrastructure functions
- Representing the professional reputation of BCM and IRRM
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong project management and organizational skills; ability to reprioritize as the situation demands
- Proven track record in operating a measurements-based culture leading to continual improvement
- Excellent written and presentation skills; strong analytical ability
- Highly self-motivated; robust decision making capability
- Experienced in presenting to senior management
- Strong relevant experience, preferably in financial services
- Operational planning and risk management skills are of paramount importance
- Proven experience as a risk SME and "thought leader" in relevant disciplines
- Subject matter expertise in business continuity and crisis management
- Developing and managing improvement processes and tools
- Calm and productive under pressure
- Strong and proven planning and organisation skills
- Strong network building skills
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.
Please note that for the duration of this assignment you will be working as an external resource engaged by Resource Solutions based on site at Deutsche Bank.