To work as part of the responsible investment team in developing Quilter Cheviot’s responsible investment approach, primarily focussed on our active ownership work and ESG integration.
About the Role
Key Responsibilities and Scope of role:
Voting, reporting and disclosures
- management of tracking our engagement with investments on ESG issues
- recording engagement and voting outcomes
- implementing voting on proxy voting service (ISS) when required
- managing the quarterly reporting on voting and engagement
- supporting the delivery of our regulatory requirements in respect of responsible investment
- assisting with thematic research and thought leadership
- participating in the engagement with our underlying investments on ESG issues
- responding to colleagues’ queries about responsible investment
- liaising with our external data providers and internal departments
Key Behavioural Skills:
Attention to Detail
- Handles tasks with thoroughness and accuracy. Recognises and resolves errors.
- Communicates clearly, listens effectively. Written communication is concise and well presented, using appropriate grammar, style and language.
- Has technical knowledge appropriate to the role and keeps this knowledge up to date.
- Effectively balances priorities to meet agreed deadlines. Demonstrates flexibility to adapt to changing business needs.
- Acts as a resource to the team.
- Treats colleagues with professionalism and respect.
Focus on our values:
- Innovate, take bold steps forward
- Stand up for what’s right
- Question convention and stay curious
- Use expertise to deliver on promises
- Persevere to get the right outcome
- Act with focus and care
- Collaborate, learn from experience, and adapt
- Share openly and transparently
- Listen, to include new perspectives
- Educated to a UK graduate degree standard, or work experience at an equivalent level. Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) are essential.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience. Interest in responsible investment is a prerequisite.
No matter what job you do you should feel valued and appreciated. That's why we offer a competitive total reward package, which enables our employees to share in the success they help to create.
Holiday: 26 days
Quilter Incentive Scheme: All employees are eligible to participate in our incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and their contribution to it
Pension Scheme: 10% non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions
Private Medical Insurance: Single cover as standard, cover can be increased at your own cost
Life Assurance: 4x your salary, cover can be increased at your own cost
Income Protection: 75% of salary payable after 26 weeks of absence
In addition to our core benefits we offer a range of flexible benefits that you can choose from and pay for conveniently via a salary deduction.