TPT Retirement Solutions has 75 years’ experience and is one of the UK’s leading providers of workplace pensions, recognised for its innovation and high quality service. We provide schemes for some of the UK’s leading organisations, including building societies, housing associations and well-known charities. As we have no shareholders, our priority is to achieve our mission – of making membership worthwhile - for over 2,600 employers and 389,000 members.
As an employer, we believe in finding and investing in the right people so that they can grow with us. Our focus is on helping them to succeed by providing them with the right tools, support and career development opportunities – demonstrated by our long-standing Investors in People Gold accreditation. In turn, our business grows and we can achieve our ambitious goals.
We are now seeking to recruit a Responsible Investment Analyst in to this newly created position.
You will provide support to the RI Manager to deliver the RI Principles and Objectives set by the Trustee, provide oversight of voting and engagement activities by investment managers, support production of regular RI reporting and identify and support of key external engagements with portfolio holdings and regulators.
Areas of Responsibility
1. To develop and take ownership of TPT’s vision, Business Plan and values, and to be totally committed to these.
2. Keep abreast of the regulatory environment, ensuring that TPT remains fully compliant, and supporting the RI Manager in updating regulatory documents where necessary
3. Be responsible for oversight of all voting activities, including reporting to internal stakeholders
4. Collect and maintain data to facilitate TPT’s reporting requirements
5. Support the production of regular RI reporting, including (but not limited to):
a. PRI survey
b. Implementation Statement
c. TCFD report
d. FRC Stewardship Report
6. Incorporate best practices from across the industry into all aspects of the investment portfolio, including strategy, implementation and oversight
7. Provide support for the oversight of RI manager ratings framework and its application
8. Provide support for the development and implementation of TPT’s Responsible Investment and Ethical Investment Frameworks
9. Provide input to support the selection of data, tools and resources to fulfil the duties as described
10. Produce documents to support, as well as providing RI training
The successful individual should ideally have the following experience and personal attributes:
• The ability to interpret and implement regulatory guidance, including the key topics currently impacting UK pension schemes
• Investment qualification or other educational equivalent
• Excellent data management skills
• Understanding of key asset classes and investment strategies
• Strong written, oral, presentation skills and good personal organisation
• Interest in pensions and RI investment issues affecting the investment industry
• Use of initiative and independence
• Understanding of the trustee/sponsor relationship and responsibilities across DB and DC
• Willingness to learn and to train others in RI topics