Retail Category Finance Analyst
DESCRIPTION Amazon is seeking a high performing Financial Analyst to join the UK Consumer Finance team, based at the Amazon UK headquarters in Shoreditch, London.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, analytical, and detail oriented. Acting as CFO for the business areas you support, you will possess the ability to work effectively across both Retail and Finance teams.
Key responsibilities include:
• Regular deep dive of business results to ensure accuracy and consistency,
• Improving reporting for scale and accuracy,
• Leading and development models to provide analytical support, from which you draw conclusions and provide valuable insights,
• Partner key business areas to drive growth and deliver long-term Free Cashflow
• Ownership of finance month end reporting responsibilities,
• Planning and forecasting and supporting key projects.
Experienced finance analyst and business partner.
Demonstrable and relevant technical finance/accounting experience
Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving.
In return, we will offer you a competitive salary, stock units, and other excellent benefits including healthcare. You will also have the opportunity to develop a rewarding career with one of the UK's leading online retailers.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Minimum of Bachelor's degree,
• Relevant finance qualification (CIMA.ACA.ACCA) or MBA,
• The ability to prioritize and work to tight deadlines,
• The ability to build positive business relationships and work collaboratively,
• An eye for detail and a passion for data,
• Bias for action, including the ability to juggle multiple priorities,
• Must demonstrate proficiency with Excel,
• Comfortable in a fast paced and ambiguous business environment.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Prior knowledge of SQL/ETL would be beneficial, a willingness to learn