- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Grow with a company that puts customers first
We have an exciting opportunity for a Retail Media Relations Manager to join our team in London.
The Retail Media Relations Manager is a key role in a specialist team, who are responsible for managing all communications with the external media on behalf of Santander UK, working both proactively and reactively. The team work closely with public affairs, internal communications and marketing.
There are various projects that you will get involved in over the coming year, it is a very fast paced role and you need to be able juggle multiple conflicting priorities. This is a very exciting role within the bank where you will be dealing with a variety of queries on a daily basis.
There is a weekend on call rota, one person will be on call over a weekend in case any general calls come through on the mainline, when on call you will also be required to look at the press cuttings.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Retail Media Relations Manager your main responsibilities will be
- Supporting the Senior Media Relations Manager in delivering a programme of high quality external communications for Retail Banking
- Supporting the delivery of a first class media relations service and when required, will work in partnership with other teams in the Communications department (public affairs etc.)
- Assisting in protecting and promoting the reputation and brand values of the Retail business amongst key external audiences.
- Delivering communications consultancy to the business in conjunction with the wider Media Relations team
- Deputising for the Senior Media Relations Manager when required, taking part in an out of hours duty rota
Minimum skills and experience required
- Previous experience in Media Relations in an in-house or consulting role, with knowledge of the Retail Banking sector/ wider Financial Services.
- Excellent verbal communication and influencing skills, and previous experience of writing in different styles, including consumer / business audiences and on a range of subjects across the Retail Banking sector.
- Strong project management ability to manage a number of different projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent listening, communicating and influencing skills; ability to use these skills across a range of different external and internal audiences up to executive level.
- Strong results orientation, demonstrates clear drive and delivery focus, and demonstrate a track record of getting things done to a high standard.
Salary is Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Triton Square, London
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It's one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.