- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- 15 Mar 18
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Base plus bonus and benefits
- Full time
Team Overview WM Finance services the Wealth Management business within Schroders, of which the largest part is in London. The Revenue Administration Team sits within the UK Wealth Management Finance team, and is responsible for the administration, control and analysis of all revenueTeam Overview
WM Finance services the Wealth Management business within Schroders, of which the largest part is in London.
The Revenue Administration Team sits within the UK Wealth Management Finance team, and is responsible for the administration, control and analysis of all revenue streams generated within the UK Wealth Management business area.
Overview of role
This role will require involvement across a wide range of tasks managed by the Revenue Team, aiming to deliver a high-quality service to the client teams and other stakeholders as well as implementing process improvements and efficiencies as required. These include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the quarterly fee process covering 20,000+ portfolios
- Involved in the debtor collection process and reports to client teams and senior management of aged debts of all manual paying clients
- Processing of IFA Advisor Charge calculations and payments
- Supporting the Wealth Planning area with invoicing and revenue accounting
- Answering queries from Client Teams and dealing with static data amendments
- Helping the new account opening and closing fee process in a timely manner
Key to this is working closely with the front office to ensure a smooth fee collection process, whilst providing efficient and accurate resolutions to queries and other daily, weekly or quarterly tasks. Alongside this, collaboration with our Zurich-based back office team will be required to implement new processes or drive any process improvements as identified.
The outputs of the Revenue Team feed into the Management Reporting function, which is located within UKWM Finance. There will be involvement in month end, such as providing inputs, analysis or other data as requested, in line with the month-end timetable. This will involve ownership of revenue lines to include monthly P&L revenue controls and variance analysis, as well as balance sheet control reconciliations.
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills - comfortable using pivot tables, complex formulae etc.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to meet deadlines and complete time-critical tasks for various stakeholders
• Numerically competent
• Strong analytical skills with good attention to detail
• Logical thinker, demonstrating common sense and initiative
• Ability to work as part of a team whilst supporting the Team Leader
• Ability to improve processes to achieve greater efficiency and accuracy
• Confidence to manage ad hoc projects with minimal supervision
• Understanding of wealth management revenues, or experience in a similar role.
• Advanced Excel skills would be advantageous
• Accounting knowledge of the workings of the P&L and balance sheet, and comfortable in providing detailed reconciliations.