The Revenue team are responsible for the calculation of management and performance fees for the Aviva Investors business. This role is ideally suited to an individual who is building the foundations of a career in Finance and looking for an opportunity that provides a core understanding of the asset management industry, is high profile, continually evolving and allows the individual to make their mark.
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Aviva Investors
- 31 May 18
Revenue Analyst - Finance - London
- Support the wider Revenue Team in the delivery of monthly revenues, including the monthly accruals and billing
- Coordinate inputs to the revenue system and ensure static data such as fee rates are kept up to date and reconciled back to client IMAs on a periodic basis
- Support the wider Finance teams to understand variance to plan/budget/forecast
- Investigate issues relating to complex revenue streams proposing remedial action and escalating as required. Implement required actions in a timely manner
- Calculation of performance fees with full understanding of the complex modelling to support the calculation.
- Co-ordination with our internal Aviva clients for purposes of billing and addressing ad-hoc revenue related queries as required
- Co-ordination with client relationship managers on external clients to facilitate accurate revenue recognition and timely fee billing
- Provide assistance for the "core" Finance teams, including the Business Partnering team, FP&A team, Consolidation & MI team and offshore Client Billing and Revenue team and relevant business area managers to assist in the understanding of the revenue streams. Work closely with these teams to provide input into their cycles (forecasting, planning, desk profitability reviews etc.)
- Co-ordination with international Finance teams to agree intrafee revenue shares across the global business.
- Provide support to international Finance teams on all aspects of Revenue as a global expert.
- Ensure timely, accurate, concise reporting of Revenue
- Prepare revenue and billing MI in order to provide insight to management and inform the wider business of core revenue KPIs and KRIs
- Help to embed relevant financial disciplines and best practise across the business including the identification and implementation of relevant financial controls
- Studying towards a professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA preferred)
- Experience of working in a Finance function desirable
- Revenue specific experience preferable
- Previous experience within the financial services industry is preferable
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand the drivers of revenue and investigate variances on complex revenue streams
- Understanding of financial systems and processes
- Ability to work in a self sufficient manner with mentoring and training as required
- Excellent networking and communication skills, enabling the role holder to engage across the business, establishing & maintaining effective relationships
- Knowledge of basic planning, budgeting & forecasting techniques & principles
- Experience in initiating process improvements and overcoming obstacles implementing innovative solutions where applicable
- Ability to define and implement solutions to client requirements
- Proven ability to work with large volumes of data from a number of different sources
- Advanced Excel experience and strong Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge of Revport Revenue Management and Fee Billing Calculation System desirable
We are proud to be a different kind of asset manager; our intelligent and innovative solutions are based entirely around our clients' needs, not ours.
Aviva Investors is a global asset manager with expertise in real estate, fixed income, equity, multi-asset and alternative investments. We are proud to stand out in our field as our intelligent solutions are based around our clients' objectives, not ours. About us
Inclusion and diversity
We are a global organisation with thousands of employees and customers from different cultures. We've built our approach to inclusion and diversity on the principles of respect, valuing differences and inclusion.
One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies. What's important to us is that you are supported to do the best work of your life. Our culture and values
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.