Risk - Loan Negotiation Group - Associate - London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date: 05 June 2018
Application Closing Date: 02 July 2018
Risk Division are a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
The London Loan Negotiation Group (LNG) in Risk is seeking a professional to join their team. LNG sits under the firm's Global Chief Underwriting Officer and has responsibility for structuring/negotiating all documentary aspects of new issue loans and bonds which are undertaken within the Credit Finance Team of the Firm's Investment Banking Division (including Leveraged Finance, Structured Finance, Real Estate Finance, Infrastructure Finance).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Ensuring transactions are structured and documented properly
- Ensuring the terms and structure of transactions are appropriate in the context of the particular credit, structure and prevailing market conditions.
- From time to time assisting the Securities Division and the Equity Derivatives team on transactions which involve an element of debt underwriting
- Working with internal deal teams and in-house and outside counsel to structure, in some cases highly complex, transactions.
- Assisting in negotiating term sheets and commitment letters with sponsors and borrowers.
- Coordinating with all internal teams including Capital Markets on the structure, pricing and economics.
- Participating in syndication process and conversations with investors on the structure and terms of documentation during syndication.
- Through various forums, including periodic trainings, initiate and participate in internal educational initiatives and programs designed to teach elements of transaction structuring.
- Tracking market developments by maintaining various deal term databases and quickly develop an understanding of documentation for committed financing
- Preparing presentations on documentation trends for use in discussions with senior LevFin and Risk Leadership
- Supporting senior team on deal related needs, including time sensitive research requests
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- Prior work experience within investment banking/financial services industry required
- Experience of working in client advisory capacity (includes providing strategic/legal advice and wide range of banking/finance transactions) required
- Experience of working on loan processes/documentation required
- Demonstrable negotiation skills and experience required
- Transaction management experience required
- Process management experience and ability to lead and drive processes required
- Experience of presenting to multiple groups, managing commercial and legal aspects of complex transactions,
- Ability to analyse situations from first principles without relying on precedent and to identify risks and mitigants
- Ability to frame, weight and mitigate legal, documentary, reputational and structural risks
- Experience in conducting due-diligence, business analysis and preparing documentation including various types of agreements, power of attorney etc. required
- Knowledge of market dynamics and current market position for documentary terms
- Ability to synthesise a lot of information quickly and distil salient facts
- Good commercial judgment and strong practical common sense
- A commercial curiosity and interest in the broader finance market
- Ability to work within teams and co-ordinate consensus among a wide range of stakeholders
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.