Risk - Market Risk Specialists - Analyst - London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB YOUR IMPACT
Are you a high performing risk professional looking for an opportunity to join a world class financial institution? We are looking for a professional to join the Market Risk Specialists
group as we grow to meet our responsibilities across the full range of product and regulatory deliverables. OUR IMPACT
Risk Division is part of the risk management department and helps manage the firm's market risk and capital. Joining the Risk team will give you the opportunity to focus on market risk exposures across the trading book and banking book whilst seeing it as part of the bigger picture of the Firmwide portfolio of risks. You will work closely with colleagues around the globe on tasks and projects that contribute directly to the firm's success. This role is ideal for collaborative individuals who enjoy being challenged, have strong worth ethics and have good technical skills and attention to detail. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Initially you will join a team within Risk covering closely related businesses. As you progress, there will be opportunities to change and/or expand your coverage.
- As you grow so will your opportunities and responsibilities. We have an extensive people development program to support you in building a successful career at GS.
- Gain exposure and improve understanding of a wide range of products and trading strategies.
- Improve your knowledge base and network via close interaction with a broad variety of groups across the firm.
- Gain exposure to cutting edge market risk management techniques and systems.
- Actively encouraged to innovate in all areas of your role.
- Take advantage of a dynamic team work environment and access to senior people across the firm. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a market risk team, trading role, or a similar risk and product focused role such as product control
- Strong technical understanding of at least one asset class including non-linear derivatives.
- Graduate or Masters with a quantitative and analytical background
- Proven problem solving ability and control mentality
- Ability to collaborate with people from different departments and levels of seniority
- Desire & ability to communicate complex information directly with senior management both verbally and in writing
- Self-motivated team player
- A level of programming experience would be useful ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity