Risk Analysis Specialist
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
Risk Analysis Specialist
Corporate Title: Up to Director
Line of Business: Global Risk Management
Here in our Bromley office we are happy to announce we are seeking a dedicated Risk Analysis Specialist to join our team as part of the Model Standards and Oversight (MSO) function.
You will extend the coverage of quantitative control execution, affording the development of a more expansive range of controls. Furthermore, you will improve the overall quality, timeliness and effectiveness of the quantitative oversight function.
The role presents an opportunity to engage in Global Risk GRA's variety of activities and demands a highly dynamic skillset, including quantitative, analytical, interpersonal, communication and technology capabilities.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Execute existing strategic controls initiatives and support the evolution of the GRA quantitative controls framework
- Roll out new oversight procedures covering model development, technical implementation, data management and model execution
- Identify key risk and performance indicators
- Improve oversight and management information systems
- Support and lead the model development lifecycle, including management of the model inventory, ownership and retirement processes, periodic attestations and peer review processes
- Seek opportunities to automate and simplify the quantitative controls framework, standardise management reporting and support alignment across subgroups and central teams
- Understand the wider control environment and second and third lines of defence to improve overall efficiency, adhere to standard methodologies and remove process duplication
- Provide business coverage and continuity of GRA's quantitative control framework
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Degree educated (or equivalent experience), preferably with mathematical or technical background
- Deep understanding of modelling, data and technical challenges to collaborate with model development teams and technical partners
- Experience in handling model audit issues or executing controls of analytics development and delivery
- Ability to multitask and deliver to tight deadlines in a high-energy environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to apply Excel, VBA, LaTeX and SDLC tools such as JIRA would be preferred
- Builds Organisational Alignment
- Leverages Technology
- Drives Operational Excellence
- Demonstrates analytical skills
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.