As part of the build-up of the London office, there is a new need for a Risk Analyst. The role sits within the Group finance function and will be responsible for analysing credit, liquidity and operational risk for the Division and its subsidiaries across Asia, Europe and North America.
My client is a commodities trading business and leader in sustainability across Asia, Europe and North America. This role is based in the City of London.
The Risk Analyst will be responsible for:
- Investigating and analysing monthly contract valuation and mark-to-market exposure at the subsidiary level, assess why prices movements are occurring and provide information to management
- Monitor credit limits and overdues, communicate results to the Divisional Controller and CFO and provide support to find positive solutions
- Review of daily P&L reporting as well as reconciliations between systems
- Performing various regular and ad hoc reporting tasks in an accurate and timely manner
- Contributing to the month-end activities
- Investigating and analysing market trends and assisting with development of KPIs and sustainability indicators
- Assisting in covenant reporting to lenders
- Supporting broader commercial activities
This Risk Analyst role will suit an ambitious self-starter willing to take significant responsibility in a fast developing environment and ready to develop with the company as it manages external stakeholders. The adaptability to work with different cultural backgrounds is essential.
- University degree
- Experience in a commercial, ideally international environment would be preferred
- Good attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Ability to build and nurture effective relationships internally and externally
This role is based in the London offices, and offers a competitive starting salary plus discretionary bonus, BUPA, life insurance, pension, and 25 days holiday. This is an exciting time for a new graduate or applicant with some Financial Services experience to join a fast-growing and progressive company.