Risk Analyst - Energy - Graduate
- £35K + bonus + benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Connect Resourcing
- 03 May 18 2018-05-03
Leading Energy Trading business is now seeking to hire a Risk Analyst for their London office. This role could suit a new graduate or someone with up to 18 months experience with exposure to the energy markets.
This is an excellent role within a high calibre team covering energy and renewable energy trading. The key responsibilities of the Risk Analyst are the monitoring of positions, distribution of risk reporting and development of risk reporting templates. This work is key for the business to understand the risks taken around tradable and non-tradable exposures and make appropriate business judgments.
Other key elements include reporting on and modelling VaR, volatility, electricity trading and balancing, IR, options and price simulations.
This role could suit a graduate with some work experience ideally within the energy industry. Prior experience of Risk Management would also be beneficial but a numerical degree is also of interest. You should have the following skills and experience:
- Strong independent problem solving skills
- Very strong attention to detail, accuracy and completeness
- Strong communication skills with confidence to challenge traders
- Some knowledge of GB Power trading (products, market, etc.) would be an advantage
- Knowledge of standard risk topics (volatility, correlation, VaR)
- Ideally 1 year energy experience in a Pricing/Trading/Risk role or similar
The role has excellent development potential and a great package and benefits.