We are looking for an experienced Risk Analyst to support the production of risk statistics for the pension fund as a whole, as well as individual portfolios. This is a 24 moth Fixed Term Contract
- Assist with day-to-day production of risk analysis and reports.
- Contribute to delivery of projects from end-to-end, including planning, gathering requirements and testing.
- Assist with the implementation & enhancement of automated reporting within the performace and investmwnt risk team.
- Provide analytical support for ad-hoc requests.
Managing Systems and Technology
- Work closely with IMS/Operations to ensure controlled delivery of risk results and projects.
- Provide quality control on risk output and input data.
- Develop deep understanding of technology in order to identify system impacts from new initiatives.
Managing Processes & Future Focus
- Cooperate closely with other team members in performace and investent risk and other teams to identify potential process improvements.
- Automate and redesign processes to achieve efficient risk reporting.
- Build relationships with the wider organisation to enable the team to work more effectively.
Technical Competencies, Skills and Experience
- Experience within finance or a fintech preferable, with some practical experience in technology.
- Evidence of an interest in risk and investments.
- Understanding of financial markets and instruments
- Understanding of risk and performance measurement
- Experience of using standard risk systems. Ideally MSCI Risk Manager or Barra One.
- Strong knowledge of Excel.
- Experience in presenting reports, results, etc.Knowledge of at least one programming language
- Python/SQL/VBA preferred
- Knowledge of other languages considered
- Comfortable working with data and conducting analyses.
- Able to solve problems independently.