Risk, Bank Debt Underwriting, Loan Negotiation Group, London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 26 May 18 2018-05-26
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
Founded in 1869, Goldman Sachs has long sustained a commitment to hiring and training outstanding leaders. Our business principles are rooted in integrity, a commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork. These values enable us to execute successfully a business strategy that is focused on extraordinary client service and superior long-term financial performance for our shareholders.
We conduct our business in increasingly complex markets. Our people must continually find new ways to provide access to capital, manage risk and provide investment opportunities for our clients to enable them to realise their goals. We judge ourselves on our ability to help clients anticipate and respond to changing market conditions and to create opportunities that merit the trust they place in us.
BUSINESS UNIT AND ROLE OVERVIEW
The London Loan Negotiation Group (LNG) in Risk is seeking an Executive Director/Vice President to join their team. LNG sits under the firm's Global Chief Underwriting Officer and has responsibility for structuring/negotiating all documentary aspects of new issue loans and bonds which are undertaken within the Credit Finance Team of the Firm's Investment Banking Division (including Leveraged Finance, Structured Finance, Real Estate Finance, Infrastructure Finance).
LNG protects the firm's reputational franchise by ensuring transactions are structured and documented properly and that the terms and structure of our transactions are appropriate in the context of the particular credit, structure and prevailing market conditions. LNG will also from time to time assist the Securities Division and the Equity Derivatives team (within the Financing Group of the Investment Banking Division) on transactions which involve an element of debt underwriting. LNG works on transactions throughout EMEA (although there is limited need to travel).
This role reports directly into the head of the Loan Negotiation Group.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Basic Qualifications
- Strong technical knowledge especially regarding contractual analysis, intercreditors agreements, and structural/enforcement issues
- Ability to analyse situations from first principles without relying on precedent and to identify risks and mitigants
- Ability to frame, weight and mitigate legal, documentary, reputational and structural risks
- Knowledge of market dynamics and current market position for documentary terms
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to synthesise a lot of information quickly and distil salient facts
- Good commercial judgment and strong practical common sense
- A commercial curiosity and interest in the broader finance market
- Ability to work within teams and co-ordinate consensus among a wide range of stakeholders
- Process management - ability to lead and drive a process
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.