Our client is a leading Investment Management firm looking for a Risk Business Partner to act as a second “Line of Defence” in the Risk or Compliance department that specifically oversees or specialises in risk management or compliance.
- Educated to degree level. Relevant post graduate and/or professional qualifications would be desirable.
- Recent experience of business partnering / oversight role or working with business and support functions in the assessment and management of business and risk. Ideally within a financial or professional services firm.
- Risk management experience, and the ability to identify and provide expert advice on the mitigation of risks
- A solid working knowledge of the regulatory environment in investment management operates is desirable.
- Experience of using systems-based risk assessment and tracking tools (such as Xactium, Accelerate, Algo etc.).
- ICAAP and capital modelling experience is desirable.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Effective relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Proven writing and verbal communication skills which enables understanding of complex information
- Good understanding of risk management and an excellent understanding of the tools and techniques of Risk Management
- Familiarity in planning and implementing risk reviews at all levels to determine appropriate levels of control are in place to minimise the potential impacts to the Business
- A high level of technological awareness and a familiarity with risk management systems and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
- An ability to analyse a process, system, or deliverable with an eye for detail
- Excellent time management, problem solving, difficult conversation and initiative skills.
- Analytically minded and enjoy analysing data, presenting recommendations and conclusions in a concise, usable manner