The Risk Governance Manager, UK will help with the UK Risk & Compliance function’s governance requirements. The role resides in the second line of defence and reports to the Director, Risk Management, UK. Responsibilities: Risk Management Policies * Ensuring that there is appropriate review, update
The Risk Governance Manager, UK will help with the UK Risk & Compliance function’s governance requirements. The role resides in the second line of defence and reports to the Director, Risk Management, UK.
Risk Management Policies
- Ensuring that there is appropriate review, update and approval of UK/EMEA policies owned by UK Risk & Compliance (2LOD), ensuring these continue to meet business, stakeholder and regulatory expectations.
- Helping to draft UK/EMEA policies where gaps are identified, socialising as appropriate internally and seeing through to committee approval and implementation, including liaising with SVB Group Risk where required.
- Engaging with SVB Group Risk in respect of new policy development and/or amendments that require UK engagement, agreement and execution.
- Ensuring that there is appropriate review, update, maintenance and approval of risk management frameworks owned by UK Risk & Compliance (2LOD)
- Drafting of frameworks where gaps are identified, socialising as appropriate internally and with SVB Group, seeing through to committee approval and implementation.
- Managing the framework for internal controls testing (testing to be conducted by BRMs).
- Maintaining the governance and associated processes for the SVB UK Risk Appetite and KRIs
- Ensuring that the logistics of risk reporting are fit for purpose, aligning to committee schedules and business requirements.
- Being the ‘custodian’ for UK Risk reporting into committees – ensuring that colleagues due to draft papers have appropriate notification and reviewing papers before they are submitted for committees.
- Championing a program of works to ‘continuously improve/evolve’ risk reporting in order to enhance risk maturity and value-add hence enabling better strategic decision making and regulatory compliance.
- Overseeing the governance related to risk event and incident management from a 2LOD perspective
- Help draft papers required for senior management / committee reporting
- Assisting Business Risk Managers, UK Risk and Compliance and wider parts of EMEA where appropriate and necessary
- Helping to track and deliver progress against the Risk Management programme milestones
- Keeping up to date with the internal audit function and coordinating any inputs needed from UK Risk
- Ensuring that the UK Risk function is appropriately complying with regulations applicable to 2LOD risk teams and that the function operates suitable systems and controls.
- Keeping up to date with industry developments and regulations relating to risk governance.
- Liaise with the Group function as necessary, for example the ERM function.
- Experience of working in a Risk function within UK financial services
- Experience and qualifications relating to enterprise risk management is highly desirable
- Experience of reporting tools
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- An ability to work independently in completing assigned duties
- Strong planning, coordination and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- An ability to quickly gain a thorough knowledge of SVB’s bank operations and products
- An interest in the technology sector and venture capital / private equity transactions