- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 10 Jul 18 2018-07-10
Based in the City of London, we are a long established and prestigious Sovereign Wealth Fund with substantial global assets under management. We are currently seeking a Risk Manager. Reporting to the President & CEO, the job holder will be responsible for all elements of risk including but not limited to Operational Risk, Market Risk and Investment Risk and Enterprise Risk.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- Support the Investment Committee in the monitoring and mitigating of market risks and investment risks.
- Provide advice to the Investment Committee on the active use of risk budgets.
- Create policy framework and organisational arrangements in order to provide guidance to the Management Committee on Operational Risk and Enterprise Risk.
- To oversee investment risk exposure monitoring across the Offices investments and ensure management information is provided in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide advice to the Management Committee on potential external reputational risks and suggested measures to mitigate any risk exposure.
- Advise the Investment Committee on risk tolerances and exposure monitoring across all asset classes.
- Analyse the risk characteristics of the current portfolio and the underlying assets.
- Assess the risk of potential investment projects.
- Research, analyse and report the relevant risk events which have impact on the Office.
- Develop and maintain risk models.
- Work with the Middle Office department to identify and correct data issues impacting portfolio analytics.
- Assist the Investment Teams with ad-hoc portfolio analysis.
- Responsible for and managing the monitoring, analysis and reporting of trading risk and positions.
- Production of risk / VaR reports and sensitivity analysis.
- Lead the development, improvement and implementation of market risk procedures and methodologies in co-operation with other departments.
- Analyse the use and suitability of market risk models/parameters, systems and procedures and implementation of new models/parameters and procedures.
- Produce periodic market risk analysis and reporting for senior management and committee review.
- Perform periodic risk assessment on business processes and define key controls to mitigate the risks identified.
- Assist with the coordination of incident mitigation and take responsibility of ensuring appropriate and clear documentation of incidents and associated actions.
- Ensure appropriate risk mitigation measures and risk indicators are in place for risks identified and monitored.
- Responsible in advising of new controls & procedures across the business.
- Responsible for the delivery of high quality risk reports.
- Coordinate with internal and external audits as and when required.
- When required, work closely with key stakeholders to provide oversight on risk initiatives and due diligence.
- Oversee, review and maintain the existing enterprise risk framework, including but not limited to reputational risk, key man risk, data security and scenario planning.
- Maintain awareness of regulatory requirements and best practice.
- Oversee the establishment, maintenance and enhancement of robust risk management policies, procedures and processes.
Successful candidates will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree with an additional qualification in relevant professional qualifications.
- At least 10 years’ experience in Risk of commercial and/or investment institutions.
- Strong understanding of investment operations and controls.
- Strong understanding of non-investment operational processes and controls.
- Experience of working in a Risk capacity within Financial Services.
- Strong understanding of risk and controls and how to implement and refine frameworks.