Be a Part of Our Success
Risk Manager, Structured Rates, Group Market RiskWhat is the opportunity?
Group Risk Management provides independent and effective on-site monitoring, controlling and reporting on the nature and extent of all material market risk and to ensure the implementation of and compliance with risk management policies and procedures. The incumbent will help promote a “Best of Class” risk oversight environment for London Structured Derivatives focusing on the Structured Interest Rate business (interest rate exotic products).
What will you do?
- Help develop a new and improved risk framework for the Structured Interest Rate business
- Analyze interest rate exotic risk profiles and convexities
- Run the market risk reporting processes and ensure timely and accurate reporting of all relevant risk metrics.
- On request help provide ad-hoc analysis on trading strategies and products to ensure they are in line with RBCCM risk tolerance and objectives.
- Clearly communicate new business activity, evolving risk dynamics, and major market developments to senior management
- Work with trading to ensure adherence to bank risk appetite, including limits and compliance with limit framework.
- Assist in the transition of risk reports to new technological platforms; on request help prepare ad-hoc analysis for senior management.
- Automating daily risk monitoring tasks using a combination of VBA/SQL/Pearl/Python programming language.
- Developing quantitative analytics tools for use by Market Risk
What do you need to succeed?
- MSc in Mathematical Finance of Financial Engineering/Bachelors in Mathematics/Statistics
- Strong communicator and people-skills
- Advanced knowledge of interest rates derivative markets and products
- Some experience working on a risk/trading desk at a financial company/institution in a quantitative or programming role
- Some work experience in a market risk function or similar, with ideally basic knowledge of:
- Value-at-Risk measurement
- Stress testing and scenario analysis
- Sensitivity analysis
- Proficient in VBA/C++/Python/SQL
- Fluent in English
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .
Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: City of London
Address: Riverbank House
Work Hours/Week: 35
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 2017-10-30
Req ID: 147509
Posting Notes: [[mfield1]]