Risk & Capital Consultant – Wealth & Asset Management
- Salary:£50,000 - £60,000
- Location:London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type:Permanent, Full time
- Company:Alexander Ash GmbH
- Updated on:22 Apr 19
ICAAP, Capital, RCSA , Prudential, IFPRU, BIPRU, GENPRU, CRD IV, PRU, FCA, Operations Risk, Capital Adequacy, Asset management, Wealth Management, Investment Management
Our client, a reputable consulting firm, advises asset management firms, including traditional managers, hedge funds and wealth managers on a variety of issues and challenges.
Areas of focus include:
- Risk management frameworks
- Articulation of risk appetite
- Risk registers
- Risk and control self-assessments (RCSA)
- Risk monitoring.
- Deliver high quality risk and capital engagements to top-tier asset management firms.
- Know and apply risk and capital management rules and guidance for clients, based on a good understanding of asset management risks.
- Be seen internally and externally as a technical specialist, providing ongoing support and technical assistance
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge in areas of specialism and industry trends.
- Prepare and help deliver presentations and seminars on risk and capital management
- Assist with annual Risk and ICAAP Benchmarking Survey, including: drafting of survey questions; analysis of responses; identification of trends; report writing; and participating in client meetings to share findings from the publication.
Below are some example projects that we have worked on:
- Assisted a global asset manager with addressing issues highlighted by the FCA, including helping design and implement a revised ICAAP
- Established a risk management framework and risk register for the asset management division of a global investment bank
- Designed a corporate governance structure and risk management framework for a European financial institution across banking, insurance and asset management
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge and experience of applying FCA prudential handbooks e.g. IFPRU, BIPRU and GENPRU.
- Working knowledge of the financial services industry, in particular the asset management sector (including wealth management).
- Experience of working as a consultant, regulator or asset management firm, focussing on operational risk.
- Gained a good knowledge of operational risk management frameworks and practices in asset management and other financial sectors.
- Understand the expectations of the FCA and how this impacts asset management and other financial services firms.
- Experience with ICAAPs and have a good understanding of CRD IV.