Protiviti (www.protiviti.com) is a global business consulting and internal audit firm composed of experts specialising in risk and advisory services. Protiviti leads specific projects initiatives and facts as a subject matter expert. The firm helps clients solve problems in finance, operations, technology, litigation, governance, risk, and compliance. Protiviti's highly trained, results-oriented professionals serve clients in the Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe and the Middle East and provide a unique perspective on a wide range of critical business issues.
- Typical assignments include assessing a client’s compliance versus regulations and making recommendations. This assessment may be delivered through the following engagement types ‘gap assessment’, S166 review, co-sourced internal audit or as a project to design and implement compliant processes.
- In some cases client engagements may include remediation of the work of others (e.g. other consultants and occasionally clients)
- When not working on client engagements, staff are expected to participate in business development which includes writing proposals, developing thought leadership and conducting research on topical issues.
- Act as a technical advisor and mentor for the consultants, encouraging their development and involvement in engagements
- Keeps knowledge up to date, and obtains appropriate professional and technical certificates
Skills & Behaviours:
Analytical and Pro-active Thinking:
- Applies analytical and pro-active thinking to client agenda to ensure robust, appropriate client solutions.
- Works with creativity and innovation
- Problem solving
- Ability to organize and drive results and outcomes
Complexity and Responsibility:
- Assumes responsibility for own actions, understanding complexity of operating environment and impact of selected course of actions on others.
- Commercial awareness
- Interacts and empathises effectively with others to achieve desired outcomes.
- Creates a positive work environment for our consultants and instill an attitude of working with integrity when dealing with clients
- Collaborative work style
- Proven track record of self-development and personal growth.
- Exhibits a desire to grow both in terms of knowledge and career advancement
In addition to the above we expect individuals to demonstrate the following skills and behaviours:
- Proven written and verbal communication
- Ability to effectively liaise with managers and build client relationships
- Demonstrate and display behaviours of inclusion by sharing responsibility, bringing the team together and having open communication
- Displaying and modelling a professional demeanor
Educational & Professional Credentials Required
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
- A-C Grades at GCSE and A-Level
- 3 years relevant financial services related work experience, preferably in a consulting but relevant experience gained working directly for a financial services firm will also be considered
- Professional certification such as ICAEW strongly preferred or equivalent
- Experience in executing audit work not essential, but preferred
- Experience in applying regulatory topics such as CASS, market abuse, operational resilience, complaints, product governance, culture and conduct (non-exhaustive list)