Risk & Compliance Senior Manager
- £80K - £85K
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Apollo Solutions , EA Licence No: View Corporate Hierarchy
- 20 Jul 18 2018-07-20
Working with a successful consultancy that specializes in providing Regulatory Compliance, AML to leading investment banks, Asset Management firms globally. They are looking for a senior Regulatory Compliance professional with strong understanding of FCA/PRA, Conduct Risk, Retail banking Compliance
POSITION: Risk & Compliance Senior Manager
REPORTS TO: R&C Managing Director
The client is a global business consulting and internal audit firm composed of experts specialising in risk and advisory services. The firm helps clients solve problems in finance, operations, technology, litigation, governance, risk, and compliance.
RISK & COMPLIANCE
The risk and compliance team regularly deliver the following services to clients:
- Model Governance, Development and Validation
- Credit Operations Assessment, Design and Implementation
- Loan Review Services
- Transaction and Lender Due Diligence
- Credit Process Internal Audit Reviews
- Credit Risk Software and Tool Assistance
- Capital Allocation Methodology Assessment and Design, including Basel II
The Senior Manager is responsible for the execution of client engagements and maintaining strong relationships with senior client personnel. The Senior Manager must have a solid understanding of their client’s business and be able to demonstrate technical competence in their product group and industry. The Senior Manager ensures quality and satisfaction on engagements and must be able to clearly articulate the value drivers of our business. The Senior Manager is responsible for developing opportunities both at existing clients and new clients and is responsible for job economics and for ensuring the timely close and billing of projects.
- Participates in engagement sales opportunities with existing and new clients
- Manages broad range of routine responsibilities on multiple client engagements related to client project management and business development activities
- Effectively manages client relationships with senior personnel
- Demonstrates the ability to discuss technical and industry trends in specific projects/ industries
- Demonstrates the ability to deliver specific product solutions to clients
- Demonstrates expertise in specific technical areas and/ or industries
- Assists Engagement D/MD in managing engagement risk
GENERAL DUTIES AND TASKS:
- The development of proposals and bid materials for client advisory/ consulting engagements primarily within the R&C team
- Management of the delivery of client engagements against the client standards for engagement management including:
- Managing the organization and client staff
- Project and programme planning and tracking
- Development and quality assurance of engagement deliverables
- Development of the clients propositions and thought leadership including white papers, FAQs and other marketing materials
- Assistance with the development of engagement methodology and procedures some of which will be generic and others more specific, including aspects of FSA requirements and supervision, operational risk frameworks and assessments, governance issues including enterprise risk management and subject matter internal audit reviews
- Marketing and enhancing the clients profile in the Financial Services market through:
- Excellent delivery and client management on engagements
- Development of client opportunities and relationships within engagements
- Maintaining client contacts made through the course of the candidates career
- Identification of engagement opportunities
Enhance technical and operational knowledge through coaching from team and industry specific training/ seminars
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- In-depth experience of one or more segments of the Financial Services Market and a deep knowledge and understanding of the organisations and individuals within that market.
- Experience within Advisory Consulting firms, with a specialism within internal audit, financial risk management, compliance governance and control or an experienced professional within any of these functions in a leading FS firm, the FCA, or a trade associate.
- Demonstrate a highly professional approach to the work environment.
- A first class track record of client service delivery. Candidates must have a deep understanding of the risks impacting the FSI sector.
- Prior management and direct supervisory experience in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills.
EDUCATIONAL & PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline; minimum 2:1
- High grades at GCSE and A-Level (typically at least an A and 2 B’s at A-level)
- A recognized FS industry qualification, i.e. Securities and Investment Institute, CFA etc. an advantage