Risk & Controls Professionals
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 22 Mar 18 2018-03-22
Risk & Controls Professionals
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President / Vice President
Line of Business: Global Technology and Operations
We are looking for talented individuals with experience in Risk & Control disciplines to help us fulfil future opportunities in our Technology & Operations team. You will help us to manage, sustain and develop a range of risk management processes and governance routines.
Managing risk well is foundational to our purpose and values - and to delivering responsible growth. It contributes to the strength and sustainability of our company for the future, and it supports the work we do today to serve our clients, community, shareholders and employees.
You will have outstanding analytical and communication skills, a passion for operational excellence and the intellectual curiosity and drive to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding role. Should you join us you will receive extensive coaching, training and opportunities for development, which will enable you to become increasingly effective and support the achievement of your professional goals.
Our Risk & Control Professionals manage risk management processes and governance routines which may include:
- Monitoring and oversight of Key Risk Indicators and providing analysis of:
- Audit Reports rated Less than Satisfactory
- Self-Identified and Audit-Identified issue management
- Top Risks, Emerging Risks and Get-to-Green plans
- Operational Loss Events and Near Misses
- Updating the Process, Control & Risk Inventory and preparing Process Health Dashboards
- Preparing periodic Risk & Control Self Assessments and Residual Risk Heat-maps
- Coordinating reporting and escalation to senior management and to governance forums
- Promoting Conduct Risk Awareness or participating in a Conduct Risk Task-force
- Coordinating regular Risk-focused training sessions
- Coordinating preparation for regulatory examinations and responses to regulatory surveys/questionnaires
- Solid academic background, which may include a degree or professional qualification
- Good analytical skills and critical thinking skills
- Logical problem solver with the ability to assess and synthesize information with clarity and precision
- Good organisational skills and an ability to prioritise and coordinate multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Experience of risk management tools and techniques
- Knowledge of technology and/or operations functions would be an advantage
- Functional experience of global banking and/or global markets would be an advantage
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to develop excellent relationships with business partners
- Demonstrable self-motivation and a results-oriented approach
- The ability to deliver results with limited direction and supervision
- A drive for achieving operational excellence, with solid attention to detail
- A proven ability to learn and adapt
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in these forthcoming opportunities please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.