Risk and Control - VP / AVP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Trevose Partners Limited
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
Our client, an international investment bank that has continually strived to perform above expectations and has become one of the giants in global capital markets, especially in respect of Fixed Income Securities and Derivative products. Due to the on-going growth of their business and the continual need to re-engineer their core internal risk and control processes, they are looking for experienced individuals at both VP and AVP Level to join their busy Risk and Control function.
With a central global control and risk function needing to be built out, the Bank are looking for individuals with strong risk, control & governance; self-assessments; and information metrics experience; ultimately be responsible for a variety of work across these areas and will include:
- Acting as the representative for Ops in the bank wide new products panel facing off to the new product team in conjunction with other infrastructure functions to include risk, audit and compliance.
- Oversight of CASS.
- Balance Sheet substantiation for all accounts within remit Transaction Reporting.
- Conducting risk comparisons and assessments.
- Conducting operational due diligence in regards to new products.
- Managing the ops processes around trader mandates.
- Formulating best practice for control standards in operations.
- Chairing monthly meetings regarding failed trades and nostro breaks.
- Holding risk meetings for all fixed income products.
Ideally you will have previous experience in a risk and control function or have a background in either middle office across the trade capture, validation and affirmation processes, or alternatively from a finance background such as product control. This role is asset class agnostic however knowledge of structured products would be an advantage.
The type of person required will possess a confident and self assured nature with the ability to manage the expectations of senior stakeholders across the global operations network and be able to challenge and influence the attitudes and of those involved in the mitigation of issues surrounding line risk and control.
As such you will be required to impart your own opinion to a variety of circumstances and requirements and to drive forward the necessary communication lines to enable a robust risk and control framework to be maintained and to foster an environment promoting proactive escalation.