Risk and Regulatory Programme Director
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Jul 18 2018-07-20
Aon are currently recruiting a Risk and Regulatory Programme Director to join our team in London or Chelmsford.The Director will work closely with and support the CRO, Head of Compliance and Head of ERM across a portfolio of risk and regulatory programmes.
It is the responsibility of the Regulatory Programme Director to own the development and delivery of a regulatory program, from initial scoping and plan build to resourcing mgt, budget oversight and ultimate full implementation:
- Ownership - Full programnme life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment and close down
- Stakeholder mgt – Manage internal and external stakeholders, ensuring that all parties understand the shape and deliverables of the regulatory programme and are fully a supportive of the scope, approach, implementation cycle and ultimate end deliverables
- Multiple projects - Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall programme is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
- Plans – Oversee and shape estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project
- Success Criteria – Define and guide the success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project and programme life cycle
- Resources – Manage and mentor resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes and have oversight of the day-to-day project activities, resources.
- Interdependencies - Understand interdependencies between operations, technology and business needs
- Skilled Person Review - To manage and risk mitigate any all required engagement for any possible Skilled Person Review.
- Possible 166 / Enforcement prevention / risk mitigation – To proactively identify all possible business areas that could generate regulatory scrutiny and ensure that suitable risk mitigation is put in place in advance of any regulatory enquiry / probing. In the unlikely event of any possible 166 / enforcement process being initiated, undertake suitable rectification actions and manage the regulator and Aon senior stakeholders through the process to a successfully risk managed outcome.
- Scope – Advise and oversee the project scope and change request process.
- Quality - Act as an internal quality control check for the programme, controlling ongoing quality control and participation in quality issue resolution
- Suppliers – Oversee the work with internal and external suppliers to define the Statement of Work and Specifications for the requested solutions and services
- Engagement – Monitor and control all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues
- Control - Ensure that projects and programmes are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards. Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables
- Issues & Risks - Oversee project and programme issues and risks to mitigate impact to baseline, escalating to senior management as required.
As a Risk and Regulatory Programme Director your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Degree level or equivalent experience
- Project management (e.g. PRINCE2, PMP) certification
- Good understanding of the insurance and broking regulatory framework in place in the UK and its related knock on effects at an EMEA and Global level.
- Experience delivering large scale regulatory change programmes.
- Working creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Process mapping, lean methodology and operational improvement implementation experience
- Use of MS Project, Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint to an advanced level