Working within the Technology Finance, Risk and TCM team focusing on both ‘run the bank’ and ‘small change’ IT system activity. The candidate will be involved in any day to day Regulatory Reporting systems issues, or changes, and re-engineering the legacy systems. This will involve working in close partnership with the Regulatory Control team and IT support teams to specify, prioritise and test any enhancements. In addition, the candidate will be involved in a number of ‘change the bank’ projects. These are key strategic initiatives sponsored in other areas of the bank that impact Regulatory Reporting.
Provide support for the bank’s Finance, Risk and Control systems. The candidate will be expected to:
- Investigate and resolve overnight batch issues.
- Ensure all risk data is available (by agreed SLAs) for the business to use on a daily basis.
- Develop and maintaining complex SQL stored procedures for batch processing and reporting.
- Support stable and mature C# Risk Engines and ASP.NET UI portal.
- Develop systems to meet evolving business and regulatory requirements
- Perform ad-hoc investigations/reporting on behalf of the business
- Monitor system resources and planning for growth to avoid predictable system failures
- Innovate: introduce improved processes and automation for regression testing, releases, maintenance tasks, etc.
- Perform static data updates as requested by the business where there is no user front-end for data maintenance
- Identify and communicate issues and risks to users and to IT management as appropriate in a timely manner.
- Manage issues and incidents through to closure.
- Respond to user demands, prioritising problems/requests/solutions and managing customer expectations.
- Providing analysis and design of new tactical solutions
- Follow development standards and best practices
- Continue to gain knowledge around: the Bank’s systems; business processes; data flows; industry regulation; etc.
- Be willing to learn new technologies and systems
- Management of staff level employees
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Experience required to successfully perform the role:
- Experience of working in a regulated environment, ideally Financial Services
Proven track record of:
- Software development and support.
- Business analysis.
- Supporting a large system.
- Providing solutions to users.
- Establishing a good working relationship with other IT teams.
- Problem solving.
Knowledge, technical skills and expertise
- Software development in a Microsoft environment. (E)
- SQL / Relational Database (any flavour). (E)
- Including writing/maintaining complex stored procedures (1,000+ lines long).
- ASP.NET. C# (D)
- Some Java knowledge
- Good general knowledge of enterprise IT issues, including:
- Batch processing.
- Change control.
- Microsoft office applications.
- General IT skills/understanding outside the Microsoft environment. (D)
- Global mindset
- Client mindset
- Pays attention to detail
- High level of integrity
The role would suit someone who is:
- Able to navigate complexity
- Can work in ambiguity