SABRE Technical Team Lead
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Work closely with the Project Manager, and a team of developers to deliver Java and Scala components to internal business users
- Demonstrate a systematic and disciplined architectural, system design and programming approach
- Deeply passionate about best-practice software design principles, you and your team will write robust code along with a high-level of test coverage
- Self-starter who can drive/facilitate requirements and development effort
- Design smart and scalable solutions following the bank standards
- Coordinate with other teams in Technology
- Develop, prepare and maintain system documentation, including program descriptions and operational procedures
- Act as the second line of support during production problems
- Some years of experience managing development teams in an agile environment
- Strong hands on development with investment banking IT experience
- Strong Java development experience working in a performance focused concurrent environment
- Good understanding of risk measures and experience generating risk in at least 2 of the following asset classes: FX, Rates, Commodities, Credit
- Good understanding of distributed computing, any experience of using Cloud computing is beneficial
- Experience of managing stakeholders and team members in multiple locations
- Experience with Hadoop/Spark/ Scala could be advantageous
Qualification & Skills
Development Tools and Methodologies
- Experience of TDD and BDD in a commercial environment
- Exposure to continuous build and deployment solutions such as Jenkins
- Able to work within an agile environment delivering software incrementally
Other Preferred Skills
- Strong analytical & problem solving and creative skills
- Good communication skills in both written and oral English
- Ability to be organized and multi-task on different requirements across various stakeholders, and to work independently and under pressure
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness to work with a range of people from diverse background and geographies
- Should have a technical or numerate degree in subjects such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Economics
Technical skills (Non-essential but beneficial for this role)
- Development experience on functional language, such as Haskell, is a plus
Domain Knowledge (Non-essential but very beneficial for this role)
We are looking for candidates that align to our culture and values, which are an important part of who we are and what we stand for as an organisation. To be considered as a candidate, you will be required to complete a Culture Fit Assessment - this is an online assessment of your alignment and behavioral fit to our culture. The test takes approximately 30 minutes to completes and is mandatory. After your application you will get the link to the test to your mailbox. Should you not complete this assessment, you will be considered as not meeting the requirement of the role.
- Knowledge of financial instruments and derivatives, trading and risk management, market data, and market risk processes and methodologies
- Understanding of Market Risk reporting including VaR, Limit management, IRC
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.