- Permanent, Full time
- Anson McCade
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Highly competitive
- Full time
SDLC Core Strat - Equity Core Strategist
My client is seeking a hands-on, business-focused developer, who enjoys solving hard technical problems to join the Equity Strats Core team. The Equity Strats Core team is a group of a highly skilled developers supporting the core of Equity front office platforms. The Core team has global, cross-business delivery and support responsibility as well, and emphasizes technical excellence and business focus. We sit on the trading floor and work closely with front-office users, Desk Strats, Quants and tech teams to deliver solutions to the trading desk.
One of the Core Strats roles is promoting the use of professional software development practices to improve the delivery of trading tools developed in-house by Equity Strats. Core Strats partner with desk-aligned Strats to address the particular implementation requirements of individual applications to bring them into a reliable, high-quality software delivery process. This typically requires full-stack development knowledge, the ability to gain knowledge and understand a broader IT platform, and the ability to write tools and frameworks that simplify a complex IT environment for consumption by Quantitative Analysts.
Core Strats are also responsible for determining the future technology platform that trading and risk management software is delivered. This will include the adoption of new technologies, such as cloud-based applications, and translating the paradigm of those technologies into the working practices for desk-aligned Strats. Core Strats also develop a cutting-edge common trading and risk management framework, Trade Model, which encompasses front-to-back business constructs covering financial products, analytics, trade capture and life cycle management of deals.
The position requires very strong development skills across platforms and languages. The team works mostly in Python as well as Java and C++, so experience in one or more of these is preferred. The delivery platform is mainly Linux (RedHat) and some Windows Server; Oracle is the main database technology. Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery processes would be essential. In-depth knowledge of Linux system and network configuration would be beneficial.
You will work with a cutting-edge technology stack that includes:
- Python-based environment for agile development
- A core framework of reusable business objects
- Automated tools for testing, integration and global application deployment
- Design, develop, and maintain high-performance systems
- Build core technology components and framework
- Enhance functionality to be used and shared by a large community of developers
- Plan and drive adoption of core CI/CD platform within group
- This is an individual contributor role
- Substantial programming experience - Typically requires 6 years of full-stack development experience
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Related
- The desire to work in an agile test-driven software development environment
- Knowledge and/or interest in financial services
- Initiative to independently engineer and drive solutions to business and technical problems