SENIOR AUDIT MANAGER – CAPITAL MARKETS
The Senior Audit Manager is responsible for setting the overall strategic direction of the Risk Management and Compliance audit team alongside the Audit Director and Chief Audit Executive.
The Senior Manager also serves as a seasoned thought leader and subject matter expert that has a strong technical understanding of Capital Markets business activities, products, services, risk management, and regulations across the financial services industry.
The person performing this position will be responsible leading the team, ensuring all employees buy into the overall vision, and will be responsible for the overall success of the team.
In this high profile role this person will actively engage with senior members of the Northern Trust leadership team (e.g., Chief Compliance Officer, Head of Foreign Exchange) and will serve as the primary point of contact for regulators on behalf of the Internal Audit Department in regards to Capital Markets activities and compliance.
In addition, the Senior Manager will advise senior and executive management on opportunities to enhance the design and operating effectiveness of the internal control environment for Northern Trust's business, risk management, and regulatory compliance practices. Major Duties
1. Providing strategic thought leadership in designing an audit coverage strategy over all aspects of Capital Markets business activities and compliance with regulations
2. Draft board reporting, both at the legal entity and corporate levels, to provide insight to board members on the key risks and themes
3. Interact with global regulators to articulate Internal Audit's view, and ongoing coverage and assessment of business processes and activities.
4. Provides technical expertise to the wider Audit Department
5. Monitor global regulatory updates and provide guidance on impact of changes in regulatory environment and how to adjust audit plan and coverage to support.
6. Interacts, partners and presents to Senior and Executive Management to understand the risks within the business, business changes and other significant events that could substantially affect the business and/or the audit plan Knowledge/Skills
• A strong knowledge of Capital Markets with a preference for foreign exchange, securities lending, or operations and/or prior experience with relevant regulatory guidance (e.g., MiFID II, Dodd-Frank, MAR, Volker, EMIR)
• Extensive knowledge of financial services products, markets, laws, rules and regulations relevant to OTC derivatives, FX, swaps, futures and options. Have an in-depth knowledge of swaps and futures documentation, collateral management and ISDA/CSA requirements
• Ability to take ownership and initiative, to negotiate, influence and build consensus and successfully navigate within a demanding and international environment of a leading global financial institution
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to succinctly communicate complex concepts in an easy to understand manner
• Strong relationship management and leadership skills with the ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization, including senior management
• Analytical and detail-oriented with the ability to interpret rules and regulations and practically apply them to ongoing operations
• Experience in dealing with senior compliance and regulatory staff at the various exchanges and regulatory agencies
• Strong compliance or regulatory knowledge About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.